Ruark MR1 MK2 and other options for streaming and turntable in room size 3.5m x 3.5m

indecisivepbuyer

Novice Member
hello

I'm looking at options for a £300-£400. My old Cambridge audio am10 is kaput, I would like to upgrade my turntable and my old gale silver monitors and be able to stream using my iPhone (or my partners android phone).

I have recently moved into a new place and my living room is 3.5x3.5 and 3m tall but i have big dreams and could expect to have more space in a couple of years so I am holding upgrades in mind. That said, space is very limited so I'm moving away from the idea of having a separate amp.

I will add the turntable later so for now I am thinking along the lines of:

• a tangent BT II with my current speakers or some other passives - i'm not sure how this would fare with an iPhone as doesn't seem to support AAC, does anyone have experience with this set up?
  • a pair of active speakers like Klipsch R-41s (richer sounds recommended)
  • Ruark MR1 MK2 - I'm leaning this way now - I've seen a lot of people talking about using these only as desktop speakers or in a small office, can anyone say whether they'd be suitable in a slightly bigger room?

I haven't heard any of them in person and might not have the chance to do so before begin so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Daniel

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom