RTS games

markgray86

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows any recent RTS games? I loved C&C games and company of heroes is good. Has anyone got any other suggestions please?

Have you tried the mods for coh?.
Also try
Coh2
Supreme commander
Rome total war.
Men of war series is supposed to be good too but I never got round to playing this - must give it a go at some point.

On top of those mentioned add Starcraft 2 and Supreme Commander 2 too. There is also DLC for Starcraft 2, it is supposed to be very good although I haven't played it. There are the Total War series (I believe all are decent), then if you want to try something a little different you could look at games like Homeworld (new version of this on Steam right now actually) or Sins of a Solar Empire.

You may want to look into the Civilization games too, they aren't RTS' but instead Turn Based Strategy titles, they are really good though so you may enjoy them all the same. Head over to Humble Bundle as they have a cracking deal on right now if you're interested.

Ahh Age of Empires! Great game. Didn't think about mods for coh, had a little dabble in coh2. Haven't tried the others so thanks for the suggestions!

I have played the Civ 5 and it is good, but I much prefer RTS other than turn based games.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

What would be peoples first one to buy?

SC2 is the only one that comes close to C&C

Cheers everyone

Sins of a Solar Empire takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've appreciated the sheer scale [similar to Supreme Commander], you will love it. I couldn't stop playing it when it was first released, the scale was mind-bending. Plus, I love space-sim games :D

Starcraft 2 is superb. That's what I was meaning with my first reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom