1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rsv 650 denon1905 ventilation

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by curleous, Feb 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone help....I am just about to buy a viera 42 inch plasma and wanted to put my amp on the supplied stand but the shelf spacing will only leave a 1cm air gap above the amp and they recommend 30. I have looked at specs for the denon 1905 and this recommends at least 10 cm. How important is it to follow these guidlines to the letter. I am getting concerned now as i really want the amp underneath the tv

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanking you

Curleous

2. Magnet & Steel

Magnet & Steel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i should think a 1cm gap would be ok as long as you arent driving it for long periods at high levels, but even so, i would try and look at a way to make a bit more space if possible, even if it is only as a precaution. better safe than sorry i reckon :)

3. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnaks for the reply. Unfortunately i have no way of making the shelf space any higher, so i may have to ditch the idea of the yamaha rsv 650 and go for the denon 1905 which is shorter than the 650 and the manual says needs only 10 cm ventilation and not 30cm like the yamaha.....shame as i had my heart set on the yamaha...

Thanks

Curleous

4. Magnet & Steel

Magnet & Steel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why not email yamaha or even the dealer where you are getting it from? that way youll know for sure. worth a try :)

5. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

have just emailed creative audio where i will be getting the amp from to ask them what they think. As there is plenty of room to front abck and sides i am hoping that it will not be a problem

Thanks

Curleous

6. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Viera 42 and the fitted stand with 2 shelves. Have just bought a Denon 1905 and have simply removed the bottom shelf so the amp has plenty of headroom. I suppose it depends what else you need to house in the stand!

Lazzer