• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RS6 AV, a good replacement for my Mission 75 Freedoms?

MoFoHo

Prominent Member
Hi all Monitor Audio fans! I'm possibly considering a change of speakers. I currently run a 7.2 system using Mission 753 freedoms and BK Monolith subwoofers (please check the link in my signature). I have a Denon AVC-A1HD taking care of decoding/power duties. I like my movies loud by the way! I do like the look of these Monitor Audio speakers, and was wondering, are they a good upgrade? Obviously I wouldn't be wanting the subwoofer, but was worried about how these speakers handle loud volumes and the latest HD audio codecs? Do these speakers have a big powerful sound like my Missions? Does anybody have a set, partnered with a similar amp to mine? I'm tempted to get a demo this weekend! Any advice or comments? :thumbsup:

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
It was a while ago now but I was running 753f's for some time before making the terrible mistake of 'upgrading' them to the replacement 783's and selling the 753's on. After a few months I ended up selling on the 783's and bought some discounted MA Silver 8i's as a temporary measure and was so pleased I bought a matching centre/rears and kept them for some time before upgrading to the Gold range.

Anyway my point is I loved my 753's but I'm now a full MA convert. I would consider the RS8s though if I were you, or better still some second hand GR20's as they can be had for great prices!

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Aye, going from the 753F's to RS6's will probably get you a quality improvement but you will lose some of the power. RS8's will help alleviate that problem...hehe

Alternatively, as suggested, if you can stretch to GS20's, do it!..lol

MoFoHo

Prominent Member
Thanks for the advice folks! :thumbsup: I may be demoing a GS system this weekend, I'm very intrigued by the GSFX! I spoke to my dealer and they suggested a GS system would perhaps be better for me (although obvoiusly much more expensive!). So I'm auditioning a GS system.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom