RS232 IR TX Controller

lenny

Novice Member
Good evening,

I'm trying to control my Theta Dreadnaught via the RS232 IR TX controller of my AV192R.
The problem I got is that even if the option is installed (and recognized as so in the menu : AV Options and Status --> installed hardware upgrade), when I go into the RS232 IR TX menu I got the message "the AV192R can be upgraded with this option please contact the helpdesk for further information".
I've installed the latest "non official" revision of the 4.31 software (the one solving the DTS bugs).
I think that I need to go for a master reset, but before doing so I have some questions:
1. Is that a behavior you already spot on other devices? What were the causes of that?
2. Is there any other action to do instead of the master reset?
3. After a master reset should I install once again the 4.31 "beta" software?

In advance thank you for your help. Lenny

Stevesky

Novice Member
Hi Lenny,

Don't think a master reset will help you on that. The RS232 presence is detected by a connection made, hence the options fitted finds it, but when you go to configure it the system then trys to talk to the RS232 card. If it detects that the card hasn't booted up correctly then it shows this message.

Try disconnecting anything connected to the TAGTronic bus and trying again (do a power cycle inbetween). If that doesn't do the trick I suspect that during one upgrade the RS232 module failed to upgrade its software. If you PM me I'll send over a utility that will hopefully bring the thing back to life.

The DSP beta code wouldn't of made a scap of difference, as it's a completely different subsystem and that fix only updates one of the DSP's.

Regards

Steve

edward

Its nice to have you back and giving so freely again, Mr Harris.

lenny

Novice Member
Good evening,

just read your mail Steve, thank you very much. I'm going to do the test this evening and report back. I also PMd you my e-mail address for the patch.

Best regards. Lenny

lenny

Novice Member
Good morning Steve and the Tag community.
I suceeded to download the utility you've sent changing the extension to .txt. Unfortunatelly I'm going to leave for vacations tomorrow, so I won't be able to test it before end of August. I'll keep you informed.
By the way disconnecting all the elements connected on the tagtronic bus and doing a complete power cycle (Switch off from the main button, disconnect the power cable, wait for several minutes, connect cable ans switch on again) didn't improve the situation.
I confirm that the RS232 option was working with the older software revision (4.10) because I've played with it in the past. When I've upgraded I've gone straight from 4.1 to 4.31. At that time I've any device connected on the tagtronic bus.

Best regards and for whom are leaving for vacations enjoy them.

Lenny

lenny

Novice Member
Good afternoon,

back from vacation and already in overflow...
Steve, please, can you send me the instruction on how to use the little program in order to make the RS232 interface to come back to life?
Hopefully I'll have some spare time this weekend in order to make some tests.

In advance thank you for your help. Best regards, Lenny

Stevesky

Novice Member
Hi Lenny,

Sorry for the slow response, this one slipped past me! I'm seriously busy at the moment but I'll try and get it done by this weekend. I'll email the info to you.

With regards

Steve

lenny

Novice Member
Thank you very much Steve. No need to rush: the subject is waiting since three months it can still wait a while. In the middle time I'm going to fine tune my pronto after the customisation I have done during the vacations.

Regards,

Lenny

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom