1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS100 Plasma wall mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by philthyanimal, Feb 15, 2005.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got one of these in anticipation of my PW7 being delivered.
    Would you attach the mount to the wall now, or wait for the panel to arrive and do it then?

2. TheWool

TheWool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Personally I would wait until your plasma arrives, reason being you need to allow for the distance between the bottom of the frame and the bottom of the plasma. You need to measure this distance by actually holding the frame against the plasma.

The above is to ensure you install the plasma at the right viewing height.

3. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think i'll wait.
    Anyone used one of these mounts?
    just that there seem to be no way of attaching the bars which hold the screen to the bottom of the mount.
    At the top they hook but at the bottom, nothing.

4. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    It looks like!!

I've not fixed yet but will be doing it soon. As you said i also noticed the same.

N2P

5. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spoken to the suppliers, they've said it should be ok without being fixed at the bottom, but if you wish(and iam doing this) you can use 2 self tapping screws to secure it. I'll be getting some this weekend so if i get them before you, i'll let you know what size.

6. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    Thanks for the info!

Are you fixing RS100 to plasterboard?

I'm planning to do this weekend (if my landlady allows!!). Yesterday i bought MDFs / wood screws and some washers/spacers etc from B&Q

I'm wondering will there be a major difference in using maplin's quality cables instead of hifi ones

Thanks
    N2P

7. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm going into brick. But this mount says its made for all walls including plasterboard. If i was you i'd put a scerw through every hole in the mount.
    You might want try using metal rawl plugs that twist in. They're kind of corkscrewy. I used these for my new kitchen units that went into plaster board.
    Or are you attaching the mdf to the wall and then the plasma mount to that?.
    what plasma are you hanging?
    When say cables do you mean the video cables or audio cables or speaker cables?

8. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    I'm planning to cut plasterboard away and fix a MDF of same size on to timber studs.
    I meant video cables. Just ordered VGA cable from hificables which goes into JS converter / Laptop. Also planning to order QED Phono-BNC for component interconnection, but they don't have 3 mtr in stock

My hardware is Panasonic 37THPW7 and SCHT520 1 box cinema. Planning to get homechoice package for TV/Broadband. Not sure how good they are

N2P

9. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered my component from mark grant, he does a power buy in the cables section on the forum. £75 for a 3m with delivery. I've already got a digital coax from him and i was very impressed with his hand made cables.