RS MMC for nokia 6680

mcav

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm just looking to find out if there is any specific kind of Reduced Size Multi Media Card that I need to work on my new Nokia 6680 handset.

The feature reads as this

Expandable memory: 64 MB Reduced Size Dual Voltage (1.8/3V)

Now I've found a lot of reduced sized MMC's around - but not all of them say they are dual voltage. Does it *have* to be dual voltage to work or will any RSMMC work?

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Anyone? Help would be useful - the "dedicated" phone shops don't know either.

Also whats the maximum size of memory card the 6680 can use?

Please!!! Help me any wan - you're my only hope

Thanks again

Hey Mcav - I have the answer for you

The Nokia 6680 smartphone uses ONLY dual voltage reduced size multi media cards. known as DV RS-MMC cards. These are the only cards which operate at the required frequency.

As for maximum capacity - the Nokia 6680 smartphone will take any size of card, though I do recommend you do not go any higher than a 512MB card - they run fine, but 1GB ones have been known to cause problems. Whether it's coincidental to a faulty handset is unknown.

But there you go - happy buying and hope you enjoy your new phone

:clap:

Man this is a one man thread!!!!

Hi
You are correct the old type rs-mmc's dont work in thses phones, for instance i have a nokia 7610 and the card in this will not work in my m8's 6680. This is to do with the voltage. Damn nokia, they always have to change things which makes you spend more money.
Sorry only just saw this thread.

harmlos

yeah different card! :(
mymemory.co.uk have 128MB dual voltage RS-MMC cards for £13.99

anyone know where they are any larger ones for sale??

Strange this. This months Total Mobile magazine tests the 6680 and states " you can still use the standard RS MMC just as easily

Jim

I have one of these phones and tested a regular RS MMC in my phone unsuccessfully. Have a look here and here for the correct memory.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom