1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rs Hitachi

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by swellmel, Mar 6, 2005.

1. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just thought i would let hornydragon see the hitachi installed and running in the bedroom that i got from rs,and also the panasonic pw6 in the lounge,once again many thanks

Attached Files:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Cheers obviously a dab hand at burying cables and wall mounting screens!
    (had enough space for a 42" on that bedroom wall :devil: )

3. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the kind comments,I did have the lg on the bedroom wall but as i said it went belly up and it seems to me that most plasmas that have inbuilt tuners always are deeper than panels,but hey i need your help-still have the heat problem on hitachi i can smell it from here and i am 2 bedrooms down on the pc ...me worried,however i rang hitachi they was not any help,uttered on about ventilation,i dont think they was interested so i rang rs told them the problem and they refered me to the plasma helpline even though i told them it was only 2 days old,rang the helpline 6 times each time to be told they could not answer the phones at this moment in time-advice

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    hmmm doesnt sound good! perhaps ask shope if they have another one you can swap with or check the demo model they have...(get a decent kitchen thermometer and measure them both and ambient temp)

5. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i was in the shop i studied the demo model extensively it had been running for about 4 hrs it was cool and definately no heat smell,i have emailed rs tonight telling them i will be taking it back to the shop to exchange it for another plasma not hitachi i await there response and i will be back on the phone to the store in morning

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a 37" panny fit a pair of ceiling speakers! (run off panny AMP) and fit a scart board with aFV box and DVD (or JS RGB>VGA or PT600 tuner etc etc etc (a mate just bought one from RS for his kitchen!!!!)

7. Louis121

Louis121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not gone buy hitachi tv (not plasma) any more because I bought one widescreen 3 years go and it start playing from last year start turing off on its own and finely tonight went off and that's it won't come back on. so there I go!!! goodbye hitachi!!! :thumbsdow :nono:

8. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just thought i would let you know rs will give me a refund or exchange i will now get the panasonic pw7 37" but there scart boards are very expensive any suggestions for the scart and the rest of the kit you kindly recommended.

9. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you can change faulty goods no prob.. just think you are a bit unlucky; i love my Hitachi

10. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must be i have panasonic in the lounge had it for 14 months no problems,excellent pq,but for the bedroom i have already had a lgrx11 which went faulty after 10 days and now the hitachi 32pd500 pro which is overheating,im getting fed up of hanging them on the wall then having to take them down and re box it all up im sure my wife thinks im daft

11. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I think it serves you right for having a plasma in the bedroom ;)

PS hope you get it sorted out...............