RS 180 wireless headphones with Samsung Plasma

basra

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a set of Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphones for late night viewing (keeps missus happy if she haves early night :) ).

I am thinking of getting a Samsung PS60e6500 and moving my now ageing KRP500a to another room.....BUT there is no headphone out connection on the Samsung, so is there another way I can connect my RS180s to the Sammy, I have no amp or anything like that, I just connected them to headphone connector with the KRP so I am a bit stumped.
I have trawled the internet looking for an answer but there is a lot of confusing info out there so I thought it best to consult the experts on here.:):)

Any one able to help info greatly received.:lease:

Bas

The TV's dedicated audio output is the digital optical connection on the back. You could convert that output to an analogue audio signal to connect your headphones. You'd need a converter like this:

SPDIF Converter

You'd then need a phono to 3.5mm adapter/cable to plug the headphones into the converter.

Thanks Stevie, looks very interesting, appreciate your reply...could be just what I am looking for.:):)

Bas

Or with a TV like that make the most of the sound and get an amp/receiver and a set of 7.1 speakers.

Considering that an A/V receiver will provide a headphone output, it may not be such a bad idea. Even if you just had a stereo set of speakers to the receiver, you could easily improve the system sound quality over the TV’s speakers.

Hi Phil, many thanks for that info......have just ordered one of these for when the big day comes....I have to say I have trawled the internet for easy solutions (I just knew there had to be a simple solution somewhere), and some people came up with incredible work rounds that had my head spinning....this will do nicely thanks.:):)

Cheers matey

Bas

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom