1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs 100 wall bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by plasmosis, Feb 7, 2005.

1. plasmosis

plasmosis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any comments or feed back or problems encountered on the non tilting rs 100 wall bracket (69 quid) being used on the panny 6 or 7?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. RuddyRoad

RuddyRoad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,442
    I've bought this bracket....it's not on the wall yet though !!

It seems pretty solid to me and seems a doddle to fit....there's a couple of vertical bars that screw onto the back of the plasma, and a plate that goes onto the wall. The bars hook over a lip on the top of the plate and then are fastened at the lower end by a couple of screws. There are loads of holes to allow the plate to fix to the wall. The bracket is compatible with the PW6 and 7.

It's a "bargain" at £69, in the sense that prices ranging from £150 to £450 for a wall bracket are just taking the mickey.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    plasmosis

I delivered a 50 PHD7 to a customer in Middlesbrough on Sunday and he had an RS bracket on hand.

I didn't stay for the actual fitting so cant say how straightforward or not it was.

One element of the design I did note was a lack of spacers to fill the gap between the vertical bars and the inner part of the inverted 'cups' that the threaded inserts in the Display live in.

We tend to supply mostly Unicol and I'm used to having four rubber inserts supplied that fit into the 'cups'.

RuddyRoad I think you'll find the more expensive brackets on the market will mostly offer Tilt, Swivel, Extension, or additional Security features over the low cost units.

Alternatively the higher cost units from the likes of SMS are finished to a very different standard to the entry level units and can be allowed to be 'seen' without spoiling the look of your install.

Best regards

Joe

4. RuddyRoad

RuddyRoad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,442
    Joe

I didn't want a tiliting mount, which meant I could save money on that bit.....I would question whether a wall mount at £450 is a good investment on a screen that costs £1300.....fair enough if you've got an unlimited budget:)

Good point on the spacers though...you don't want the bars digging in to the back of the panel !

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Hello RuddyRoad

The expensive wall mounts usually incorporate lots of adjustment and even swing out single or double arms - which some folk require; even on an 'entry level' Display.

I'd like to see RS supply spacers - though the price would go up I guess!

Best regards

Joe

6. plasmosis

plasmosis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that guys. Not sure what the description of the spacer is about but i guess i have to see it before i understand...never seen a bracket myself :). At the end of the day it sounds ok and it is a bargain.
    Just dont think spending more than 100 quid for something I am unlikely to see for years is worth it IMHO. Also not interested in any tilting facilities myself.
    Just looking for a basic mount which is not too complicated to mount, not damage the screen and last but not least.... not fall off the wall!!!!

Any forum members have any recommendations of any other bracket of similar value??

7. RuddyRoad

RuddyRoad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,442
    By a spacer, it's just someting that takes up the free space on the back of teh unit, but i would also consider something like a nylon plastic washer that can be put between the bars or plate and the back of the screen, so that when the screws are tightened, they press into the washer and not the casing.