Rrod!

G

gt2192

ok people i will fill you in first i was playing cod4 as you do then little black lines came across the screen but not all the way across it looked a little like the matrix scroll think but in black.But when it was on the main menu everything was fine so i turned it off then turned it bk on and i got the ring of death does this sound like a hardware faliure to you guys ??
please respond

thanks in advance gt2192.

Unfortunately yes.

I tried the 'towel trick' (Google it - bizarre but true), which got me another day or two before it failed again.

Contact MS and hope their turnaorund has improved...

well if you def got the rings and all your cables are in, give the xbox people a call, is a freephone number anyway so you can get them to help you even if it isnt. Last time i called I was expecting to wait ages to get through but went straight away.

as mad as it sounds and looks i will give the 'towel trick' a go as i dont have anthing to lose . so do i just wrap it in a towel for around 15 mins while turned on then leave it to cool for around 15 mins ?

guys i have discorverd something when i say the ring of death its not really a ring . the 360 is laid flat and the bottom ring hand corner lights up and flashes and lighting up the two either side (but not as much) leaving the top left hand corner with no light at all is this still the rrod

aye, just 3 segments light up

as mad as it sounds and looks i will give the 'towel trick' a go as i dont have anthing to lose . so do i just wrap it in a towel for around 15 mins while turned on then leave it to cool for around 15 mins ?

That's about it.

Like I said it didn't really help me long term - but it did mean I could limp to the end of the game I was playing before sending off.

Then I was given a 6 week turnaround so I bought a new one from Game with 2 games - sold the games on eBay, and then later sold the console. With the reward points from purhcase I broke just about even, though I'd been happy to lose £10-20 for 6 weeks "hire" fee.

thanks for the responses i rang them and to put it in gentlemens terms its ****ed so ihave to send it off for repair and i will get it back in 3-4 weeks not exactly fast are they microsoft

thanks for the responses i rang them and to put it in gentlemens terms its ****ed so ihave to send it off for repair and i will get it back in 3-4 weeks not exactly fast are they microsoft

No they are not. Was that 3-4 weeks they quoted OR 21-28 days? When MS quote days they quote working days - so it could be much longer.

mine dose it on COD4 too, but if i let the RROD flash for about 5 min's it will work for the rest of the day, its been like that for 3 weeks now but only with COD4 and only when it is cold.:confused:

turn round is not that bad. Mine was collected on the 3rd and came back yesterday. New motherboard and they seem to have put a new case on as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom