RROD No.2 will MS replace this one ? - RESULT - Yes they will.

TylerDurden

I've accepted the repair and just asked him to confirm that it will be made using the latest components to minimise the chance of a further hardware failure. I assume that if the newly repaired unit fails within 2 years I'm still covered under the Supply Act anyway :devil:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Thats great to hear!

Well done

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I've accepted the repair and just asked him to confirm that it will be made using the latest components to minimise the chance of a further hardware failure. I assume that if the newly repaired unit fails within 2 years I'm still covered under the Supply Act anyway :devil:
You will just get another Xenon, pretty much guarenteed, but would be very interested to hear otherwise.

As you say you did not sign off any future rights and privileges so you should be able to dispute this again in the future if it breaks down.

Either way you certainly have a nice success story to brag about. :thumbsup: :smashin:

And for all what took only one planned worded letter and a telephone call.

Congratulations again.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Congrats for your win!:thumbsup:

How's this for ironic though, it was only Friday that i emailed a mate a link to this thread as his 360 had packed up after the 3 year warranty expird, and i said it would be sods law if mine did as my 3 years was up in April 09.... Guess what, last night 3 red rings and not even an error message on screen, but just blank. :mad:

What is more annoying is that after just before my original 1 yr guarantee was about to run out in April 07, i paid MS about £60 for their extended 2 yr warranty. At the time the RROD were rife and the machines cost a lot, so for peace of mind i was happy to do so. Then not that long after, the issue a statement saying all consoles covered for 3 yrs for RROD.... so basically what i'd paid £60 for was effectively for a warranty i was now entitled to by default anyway!!!!:mad:

Now it's expired and my machine has died for the second time. The first was about a yr ago with Error 74 message on screen and they repaired it.

I think i may have to go down the supply of goods act now also, or does anyone know if people who paid for warranties before the default 3yr warranty was issued, have any more chance of good will, given that i could have paid that money this April and be covered until 2011 if i'd known in advance. Long shot i know, but someone may have already asked the question.

Cheers.

K

krusty

i had about 5 returns to ms with rrod and that was 5 repairs and 5 months free xbox live:)

Fezzer

Standard Member
This thread is just what I'm looking for! My 2nd Xbox RROD'd me yesterday and Microsoft want to charge me for the repair as I'm beyond the 3 year warranty from the initial purchase date. I've only had this repaired Xbox less than a year!!

Grats on getting your Xbox repaired free and paving the way TylerDurden and great advice from Anthony1uk :smashin:

norbie

Standard Member
I guess this wouldn't work for Xboxs that have already been opened to attempt the RROD fix?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I guess this wouldn't work for Xboxs that have already been opened to attempt the RROD fix?
No, because from what I have been informed you are arguing either an inherent fault existed, or the repair work was not carried out adequately by Microsoft.

If you have opened up the console then a very strong defense exists that you yourself caused the problem.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
...As well as voiding the warranty if you yourself did it or an uncertified company did it

blackadder

So what did you end up with.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Same as I started with as far as I can tell, non hdmi anyway. Its only been on for 5 mins or so since I got it back
You could always trade it in at Gamestion matching CEX's trade in prices for a Jasper Arcade.

The Jaspers are a huge step up from the pitiful Xenons.

I really like my Jasper, absolutely hated my Xenon.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Same as I started with as far as I can tell, non hdmi anyway. Its only been on for 5 mins or so since I got it back
chances are its an opus, or a "xenon pro" as some people have seen printed on the box.
either way, better than what you had.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
chances are its an opus, or a "xenon pro" as some people have seen printed on the box.
either way, better than what you had.
They don't give out Opus in the German repair centers.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
i highly doubt anyone could say with any certainty, what they do, or do not give out from the repair centre..xenon pro models, opus, falcon's, refurbed zephyrs.

all i know is that most get falcons, pre-hdmi either get a console back with no power supply, or in the case of 2 people i know, 1 got a console back with no hdmi, yet inside it looks like an opus, the other, not opened, but came with a replacement power supply, which was different from the original "button" sided one they had, and were told not to use the original power brick, again, no hdmi.
that leads me to think its the opus, or the xenon pro modified board.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
i highly doubt anyone could say with any certainty, what they do, or do not give out from the repair centre..xenon pro models, opus, falcon's, refurbed zephyrs.

all i know is that most get falcons, pre-hdmi either get a console back with no power supply, or in the case of 2 people i know, 1 got a console back with no hdmi, yet inside it looks like an opus, the other, not opened, but came with a replacement power supply, which was different from the original "button" sided one they had, and were told not to use the original power brick, again, no hdmi.
that leads me to think its the opus, or the xenon pro modified board.
Could you ask them to plug it into a watt meter to be sure please. As I really am curious.

Also when did they get them back?. Unless they have just got them back within literally the last few months I can assure you 100% they will not be Opus, they will just be Xenons with new cooling.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Could you ask them to plug it into a watt meter to be sure please. As I really am curious.

Also when did they get them back?. Unless they have just got them back within literally the last few months I can assure you 100% they will not be Opus, they will just be Xenons with new cooling.
have sent a message to my mate, who doesnt want to answer his phone..:rotfl:(i guess still hungover!!).

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
have sent a message to my mate, who doesnt want to answer his phone..:rotfl:(i guess still hungover!!).
Thanks RF. It would be quite a find to have a confirmed European Opus, and confirmed that the German repair centres have finally made the switch as these Xenons truly are pathetic.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
he texted me back, that his power rating is 175w, with no plastic buttons on it(i assume he means the connector block), and a manufacturing date of february 23 2009.
new xbox/PS delivered, old power supply dumped.
no hdmi, and a benq drive, indicated with the drive tray, no apparent stickers on fans, and from him looking inside(torch shining), he says it "looks empty".
we both arent sure as to when it was replaced, but it was around feb/march timeframe.

supposedly an "as new" replacement, as his had been in for repair 2 or 3 times before, and he was told he would get a new one..he's not too happy i've told him it wasnt new, as he thought it was..

i know of 1 other guy on live who had a replacement around that time, i've messaged him also, but i may get a look-see, as i am seeing him this weekend.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Thanks RF. It would be quite a find to have a confirmed European Opus, and confirmed that the German repair centres have finally made the switch as these Xenons truly are pathetic.
the xenon thing mystifies me...as if they arent using xenon boards, just what are they using.. or are they botching up old boards..

*just to add, the second guy i've messaged, uses his all the time, i mean its on 24/7, and he hasnt had any issues yet, as far as i'm aware, but i do know it doesnt have hdmi, as he used vga on his last tv, and his new tv is connected with component.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
he texted me back, that his power rating is 175w, with no plastic buttons on it(i assume he means the connector block), and a manufacturing date of february 23 2009.
new xbox/PS delivered, old power supply dumped.
no hdmi, and a benq drive, indicated with the drive tray, no apparent stickers on fans, and from him looking inside(torch shining), he says it "looks empty".
we both arent sure as to when it was replaced, but it was around feb/march timeframe.

supposedly an "as new" replacement, as his had been in for repair 2 or 3 times before, and he was told he would get a new one..he's not too happy i've told him it wasnt new, as he thought it was..

i know of 1 other guy on live who had a replacement around that time, i've messaged him also, but i may get a look-see, as i am seeing him this weekend.
Could it be one of the SKUs that when MS changed to HDMI consoles in the repair centres they still had cases with no slot cut out for the HDMI port so people were getting brand new 360s that had HDMI on board but no physical connector due to the case being in the way?

If so its really quite old though

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett