RROD Elite just reported, what are the replacements now?

-Hitman-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My black elite died today (no.9 console:eek:) and so have contacted Ms in the usual way to book a collection for it to go back to the repair center, which UPS should arrive in a couple of days.

What are Ms doing now with HDMI based elite repairs, will they send me a new one or repair my console.

I have also heard about jasper and falcon chipsets, will i get one of these back? and what about my old power brick will it run a jasper if i get one?

TIA.

Hi,

My black elite died today (no.9 console:eek:) and so have contacted Ms in the usual way to book a collection for it to go back to the repair center, which UPS should arrive in a couple of days.

What are Ms doing now with HDMI based elite repairs, will they send me a new one or repair my console.

I have also heard about jasper and falcon chipsets, will i get one of these back? and what about my old power brick will it run a jasper if i get one?

TIA.

you'll more than likely get a falcon based board again, new fans, and a new liteon dvd drive.
thats what they did to mine, after it went on a wander god knows where..they had it for weeks, it disappeared, after they told me they fixed it/delivered it back to me in 1 day(which incidentally was the same day they picked it up!!):rotfl:
*got it back this week.!

Thanks for the reply guy's!

Sorry to hear about your cockup RF, i had a few 2:suicide:

Maybe i should have faked a power brick problem too:D could boad well for a decent replacement.

Oh well just have to wait an see.

Cheers.

The one i'm sending in isn't a falcon BTW but one of the earlier ones, last 8 consoles were premiums i got from Woolies before they went under, last premium i just took back for a refund after sick of trying the Ms route over and over again and bought an elite with the hope that they were built better, but alas not.

Last edited:
You usually get the same chipset back. The way they see it is you still have a 203W PSU so they'll give you a 203W machine back.

Update,

Correct i got the motherboard and DVD drive replaced with exactly the same version/type chipset and power draw.

I think i'll put this in the local paper or set up an ebay account and sell it on as i'm sick of these going wrong.

I'll get a jasper premium instead and hope this lasts:suicide::D

Update,

Correct i got the motherboard and DVD drive replaced with exactly the same version/type chipset and power draw.

How do you know this? If this is judging by the case stickers MS don't change these, they just replace the mobo.

MS are meant to give you the newest they have, which for RRoD consoles is the Falcon. They haven't yet upgraded to Jasper for repairs, but that is coming soon.

-hitman- 9 consoles if i was you i would be looking for some freebies, that crazy to have had 9 faulty consoles. you must be jinxed.

How do you know this? If this is judging by the case stickers MS don't change these, they just replace the mobo.

MS are meant to give you the newest they have, which for RRoD consoles is the Falcon. They haven't yet upgraded to Jasper for repairs, but that is coming soon.

Ah, yes your right (same stickers):rolleyes:

All it says on the repair docket is replaced motherboard and DVD drive.

Germinator said:
-hitman- 9 consoles if i was you i would be looking for some freebies, that crazy to have had 9 faulty consoles. you must be jinxed.

Unfortunatley most were exchange at the place of purchase, 1 reported on another email addy1

I only have 2 actual Ms repairs logged, my console and my son.

Funny, they always seem to go faulty when my son's been playing on them:rolleyes:

One other other thing is would i still be under the 3 year RROD cover with Ms after this repair as i have had no mention of warranty?

Last edited:
i ripped my elite that i got back, open at the weekend(dont you love it when they dont put warranty stickers in the right place!!), and microsoft put a falcon mobo in it, and a brand new liteon drive..
the fans are different too, they were nidec, not now though, and the new heatsink/heatsheath array as well.

i ripped my elite that i got back, open at the weekend(dont you love it when they dont put warranty stickers in the right place!!), and microsoft put a falcon mobo in it, and a brand new liteon drive..
the fans are different too, they were nidec, not now though, and the new heatsink/heatsheath array as well.

Thanks bud, i noticed the warranty sticker on mine has changed from the usual silvery one to a square paper one.

Might get the hairdryer our and crack it open for a butchers:D

Do you know if we're still covered under a new warranty??

You get a 3month all faults warranty, and after that your original 3years continues.

Ah, thanks mate.

May just hold on to this one then:smashin:

Ah, thanks mate.

May just hold on to this one then:smashin:

yeh, the original 3 years is from the date of purchase, and 90 days warranty from date of repair..so if you bought it a year ago, and got it back from repair, for example, monday this week, then you have 2 years of the 3RRoD warranty left, but also a 88 day warranty left for any issue with the repaired console.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom