1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rqd: reputable company to install my home cinema, east london/essex & surroundings

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rahulkohli, Jun 12, 2003.

1. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, im new here and have just recently been looking into the home cinema thingy. and there is so much stuff to trawl through. and everyone i ring want to sell me something and advises me on only things that they are selling.

basically im looking for a good reputable company to come and install my home cinema for me. i need some good advice and somewhere which has vast experince and lots of different stock.

by the way as the title to my thread suggest im in the east london/ essex region and am willing to use companies in the surrounding region as well.

thanks for you help guys.

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I had Pounds (www.poundstv.co.uk) install my home cinema and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are THX and CEDIA approved, and won the 2002 Installer of the Year award in Home Cinema Choice magazine.

Give Mark Eastwick a call at Pounds, he is extremely helpful and a pleasure to do business with.

3. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Depending on the level that you are talking about, I would recommend Acoustic Arts in Watford - Fraser or Kingsley. Both very knowledgable guys. They are quite high end though - however they do stock some cheaper equipment. Either way, I would be surprised if you found anywhere with more experience.

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    rahulkohli,

I take it your not short of a few pounds?? Minted in other words, because custom installation doesn't come cheap! The cheapest custom installs featured in any of the Home-Cinema magazines I've seen where $15000!!! Now I'm sure they do much more modest installs too but I'd still say you're looking at a fair old wedge of cash disappearing out of you bank account! :D

5. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the help guys. i will probably give pounds a go because they are near me and have a wide selection.

i decided to give custom installation a go rather than getting and installing the stuff myself becuase frankly its easier and there is less chance of mucking it up.
    plus i thought if im gonna get a system in, i might as well spend the extra money and do it properly rather than getting a budget system that i would have to replace sometime down the line.

i rang this company called prestige today and they said that a basic system was about £10,000 and that they did systems upto £200,000. i would love to see what a system like that looked like.
    http://www.prestige-audio.co.uk/img/home/home.htm

very nice