1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPTV's

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Pooon, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    My mate wants to buy a RPTV (nope, no idea why either) and he's been looking at the Samsung SP43W6HLX anyone got any thoughts on this set? I've had a bit of a look at it for him in a local store and the spec's seem to be pretty good, Prog-Scan Compatible, HDTV(1080i) compatible, 3 SCARTS etc etc all for £899 or thereabouts. Now all this spec for so little cash makes me concerned that something has to be pish with the TV, is the picture all soft and nasty?, how does it cope with fast moving images? usual RPTV pitfalls still applicable nowadays? (unfortunately the TV in the shop wasn't on so what the picture is like i've no idea)

If this Samsung is a steaming pile, what RPTV would you recommend for around the £1k mark, less would be preferable as knowing my mate the less spent the better :eek:

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    So thats a No then :)

3. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the same question in the RPTV section, you may get more response. Can't help you with the Samsung as I've never seen it.

FWIW I've for an RPTV from last year and it's bloody fabulous (51" progressive scan for just over a grand). The pic is crystal clear, there's no smearing in fast images and its brightness/contrast are fine on sunny days.

The newer DLPs are even better, thinner, no cabinet underneath and high-def...if only my credit card wasn't so big I'd buy one in seconds. Have a browse through the DLP RPTVs forum to get an idea of what's good and what's not.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Cheers Mango. It thought this was a general TV forum, but i'll try the other one you mention.