1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPTV new lease of life

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dapex, Jan 18, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all, I just wanted to share something with yourding my rear projection TV. My RPTV is about 6 years old now (42" Sony) and i reccently had a bloody cobwen inside the screen which got on my nerves as it would blow around and be really distracting. So i took the back of and cleaned the cobweb away, while doing this i noticed that the the lenses were thick in dust so I cleaned them with some toilet roll.
    WOW. I cant believe how it has changed the picture so much, I had obviously got used to the picture and I now suddenly have a really rich vibrant colourful picture and its all down to cleaning a bit of dust away....

Cheers

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah they do attract a fair amount of dust. I'll be doing the focus on mine soon and the cleaning of the lenses is the second of the three tasks I'll be doing. The third is to line the inside of the thing with light absorbent material, I do believe there's a thread on here somewhere about it...