1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPTV & Gamecube/PS2/XBOX etc...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cjschoppe, Jun 17, 2003.

1. cjschoppe

cjschoppe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read in my GCN manual that playing these console games on a RPTV can harm it if a still image is on there or something to that effect...

Is this true ?

I was planning to buy a nice 134cm LG RPTV but dont want to waste my money if the consoles i own could bugger it up ?

Sorry if its been posted before, i tried a search but couldnt really come up with anything

Cheers

Chris

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not recommended, either for CRT RP or Plasma. Not worth risking- if screenburn occurs you're looking at three sets of tubes- not covered by warranty either.

I would use a CRT TV as they seem to be OK, and use a CRT RPTV for DVD's.

I have a CRT RPTV and afraid to use my consoles- I guess I could always use my Panny 28" Widescreen for that.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Been using an X-Box on my Tosh RP since last Dec and have had no probs with any screen burn.

4. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    imho,
    screen burn is found on crt tv`s, computer crt etc. as well, when a still image is transmitted for a prolonged period (thats why they have screen savers--even on dvd players).
    i think you will have more trouble from the tv channel logos than from the vast majority of hectic console games. but even so moderation is what is needed and a bit less contrast/brightness maybe.