1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPTV for a mainly Cable TV watcher or a Tube TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by audi2honda, Mar 18, 2003.

1. audi2honda

audi2honda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm a total noob and have been reading lots of archives to get HDTV terminology and such down.

I think I have a general understaning and am not sure if HDTV is for me, but I want a new TV 42" or greater.

Will a Toshiba 50HDX82 or any other RPTV make standard cable look better then on my 6 year old zenith tube tv?

Problem is, I mainly watch cable TV and my friend is telling me the picture will look grainy and crappy unless its a HDTV signal or DVD. I watch DVDs but 95% of my time is spent watching cable stations and some network primetime.

Should I be getting a flat panel TV instead? Maybe HDTV isn't for me since it seems most video nuts watch mainly DVDs.

Thanks for the help,but I don't want to spend 2 grand on a TV and have my cable channels look no better then they do on my 6 year old 27" zenith.

Thanks allot for your help. I visited the store but they couldn't hook up regular cable for me to look at. I don't understand why my digital cable would look crappy even though it may be an analog signal. Can it look worse then my 6 year old zenith?

of course what do I know :)