Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RPTV ( CRT ) Info Needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by uncle eric, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know if there are any RPTV's (CRT not LCD) sold in the UK market that is 480p (or higher) capable.
    That is to say, it must have a horizontal scanning rate high enough to do this with of course component in's.
    I imported a Sony 41" 16x9 RPTV from Hong Kong some 3/4 years ago for my living room system. This is basicly the sister of the one now sold over here but without the built in digital tuner.
    I currently use a Pioneer DVS9 ( Elite DV09 Jap version) through the SVideo imput.
    I've just ordered a Skyworth for this room and would like a visual display that can take advantage of its NTSC and PAL progressive capabilitys. (I'm pretty sure that I will still see scan lines if I use the Skyworth (480p) with my Barco 808s so I will stick with my 7700 cinematrix at 960p in the dedicated room)

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.