1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPTV Bargain??? 42WH18B or 42PW23P

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by benshaw, Feb 4, 2004.

1. benshaw

benshaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey,

A shop in town has the 42WH18B for £849 but also do student discount so I could get it for £765. It is a graded product, when I was checking it out I noticed some slight screen burn. The burn was not too bad and I would find it acceptable for the right price.

My question is should i try and get the 42PW23P for £650 - £700 as an unmissable bargain or wait and get the 42PW23P for £865 - £890 (unless you find cheaper)

I have my own AV setup so do not need built in speakers and I will be connecting DVD, Tivo and PS2

Any opinions on which to buy/avoid would be appreciated, I could also do with advise on what to look for when auditioning?

Thanks
    Ben

2. gan*

gan*
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know about you, but I would prefer and pay the little bit extra to get a new one..... Especially if you say there was a bit of screen burn.

3. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

A quick check at Pricerunner told me that the best price for the Tosh 43pw23p is at £790 at the moment, add £50 for delivery and you are on the safe side.

I wouldn't buy a Model that has already shown that it can be affected by screenburn.

With a ny RP tv i would keep Brightness around 54% and Contrast
    below 40% to prevent screenburn, even though most of the logos have been made partly transparent by the broadcasters
    it can occasionaly happen. For the same reason (possible screenburn) i would be carful with connecting a video console to a RP tv. ( It is rcommended in most manuals not even to use one with these types of Tv)

To answer your question: I would buy the new Tosh as it is one of the best of it's kind although not 100hz, and you can get it around £800