1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rptv Av Connection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Danno, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Danno

Danno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to upgrade the standard connections on my SKY+ digibox and Toshiba SD110E dvd player, but am unsure and concerned as to using both connections on the EXT 4 terminal on my TOSHIBA 42WH18B RPTV.

I'm upgrading the scart connector from my SKY+ digibox to a QED RGB scart using EXT1 on the TV; the SKY+ digiboxs' optical digital link into the TVs Optical Audio Terminal (EXT4) for sound.

If I also upgrade from scart to component video lead on my dvd player and thereby use the co axial audio terminal for sound into the co-axial audio terminal on the TV will I encounter any problems with both digital audio terminals being used.

Moreover, is this an acceptable alternative to just using the scarts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dan.

:confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i cant really help you with your post, but i was wondering if you could tell me what you think of your telly? and did you compare to any others before you bought it?

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i saw you had a tosh 42wh18b. i have just ordered one and wondered what you think of the set. any problems playing dvds etc. Just there seems to be some neg feedback on this forum about this and other toshibas. any help appreciated. sorry but i cant help with your questions

4. Danno

Danno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To put your mind at rest.....or to make your mind up - The telly is fantastic, I bought it from Toshiba Direct, who were very helpful and possibly the cheapest!!

I can understand your aprehension after reading all the other Toshiba threads, however, the main gripe seems to be the picture frame tv not the RPTV.

That aside, I do believe this forum is more for people with gripes or problems - because if you are happy with your tv you are hardly going to go to a forum to bother telling the world how great it is, basically you're going to be at home watching it!!!!!

I did compare it to all the RPTVs of the same price stoppping at £2500. i.e. Sony Hitachi Pansaonic and Grundig
    The winning factors were that;
    It looked the best
    It was the slimmest
    It was the only one to offer Dolby DTS 5.1
    It came with rear surround speakers, also the SD110E dvd player.

Regards the picture quality - don't be misguided by showrooms, as I've yet to come across one that has been set up properly. Normally the convergence is out and they have the contrast/brightness all wrong.

Believe me the picture quality surpassed all my expectations! Everybody who has seen it - loves it!!!

ANYWAYS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO REGARDS MY CABLES...ANYONE??ANYONE??

Dan
    :rolleyes: