RPTV advice

seve

Standard Member
Hi all,

I currently have a toshiba 50" rptv, which I have had for around 3 years, i believe the model is WH501B or something like that. I am currently considering purchasing a new tv and have been looking at both plasma and LCD, however reading this forum has left me wondering whether or not I should also look at the sagem 50". Can anyone advise on the differences between my current rptv and for example the sagem.

thanks

seve

Tarbat

Depends what your Toshiba model number is. If it's something like a 50WH-18P, then that's a CRT-based RPTV. Current RPTVs like the Samsungs and Sagems are DLP technology, giving a full HD-Ready 1280x720 resolution, so a much sharper picture. Might be worth you reading up on DLP technology to understand the differences - try www.dlp.com for starters. Others might be able to better describe the differences between CRT-based and DLP RPTVs.

C

chachi

Guessing it is a Toshiba 50WH-18P ... if so, it is not HD

The sagem would give you 720 native HD capability, either HDMI or DVI inputs depending on which Sagem you choose, and (possibly) a less reflective screen coating to your present one. They lack the big base/stand that you have at present with yours.

edit beaten to it by Tarbat, gotta hit refresh more often :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom