1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPJ to Plasma move ???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ekko Star, May 16, 2002.

1. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I currently have a 47" PT1/M Panasonic projection. Although I haven't had it long (6mths or so) I have simply loved it to bits.

Movies are a dream to watch on it and I've only ever used it as a movie set. My trusty 33AK10 CRT does with the day to day stuff.

Thing is someone close who has always wanted it have offered to buy it.

I'm a bit reluctant to let it go but in a way I am thinking I could now use it as a springboard to get into Plasma. The one I have been considering is the new 42" Panasonic. Prices at around £3500 are very tempting.

Toyed with the idea of the AE 100 PJ but that is simply not practical in my household.

Any opinions if the Plasma jump is a wise move ?

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I'd be a little concerned at moving from the TV that you love so much to a smaller plasma.

If you need the space that you'll gain then perhaps it is a good move, but you will notice the smaller screen size.

If you were moving up to a 50" plasma then it might be less of an issue, but it is certainly not an easy decision to make.

Mark