1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RP or Direct?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bobones, Jan 15, 2002.

1. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My 10yr old Toshiba 2805DB tv looks as though it is finally on its way out (really noticable moire effects from all inputs) so I'm in the market for a new telly, widescreen of course.

It seems to me that to get equivalent screen depth to a 28" 4:3, I'd need to go for at least a 36" widescreen. I really fancied the look of the 36" tosh picture frame until I discovered this forum, so what alternatives are there around the £1500 mark?

Would I be better off going for the new tosh 42" RP instead of a direct view? It's around the same price as the 36" tosh from Robert Whyte's in Glasgow (which I live near and from whom I bought my current telly). I still really like the look of the 36" tosh, is it really not worth risking my money on this?

BTW, my room size is approx 15' x 13' and the kit I have is: Yamaha E800 processor, Pioneer A400 amp, Dynaudio Audience 50 fronts, Mission 73C centre, Mission M70 rears, REL Strata II sub, Toshiba 210E dvd, Toshiba 2805DB 4:3 tv.

PS. I now have a Yamaha DSP-E390 prologic processor (boxed, as new) sitting in my cupboard. How much could I realistically expect to get for this secondhand?

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Like the eejit I am, I posted this to the wrong forum - should have been TV. Could a moderator move it if at all possible?

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,582
    i would check out other posts in here, before ordering from that Robert Whtye place...

i think the thread is called, internet suppliers or something!