RP-8060FA Klipsch possible purchase

dkatwa

Standard Member
Hi. I have KEF eggs (E301) at the moment with T3 REL and the KEF supplied sub. I am thinking of buying the 8060FA and channel them thru the Denon avr x2200b. I will mainly use for tv/ movies. Standard room 12x12ft.
My question is, can I get rid of the two subs and rely on the 8060s to deliver the bass/ LFEs I need?
Will the Denon amp be sufficient for the new speakers (it caters for Atmos, which the 8060s have)?
I am a novice at all this stuff :)
cheers
d

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Doesn`t make much sense to buy such massive speakers to small room and lose subwoofers, especially if main use is tv/movies. Rather look for Klipsch RP-600M / RP-160M with cheap 600mm tall stands and keep the subs (both are passive radiator designs with 2drivers?) or upgrade the subwoofers to identical ones, something better like two Rythmik L12 or two HSU VTF-2 MK5 assuming you live in US.

dkatwa

Standard Member
Thanks Gasp3621. You are right that they will dominate the room. I am at the age where it's a want thing, not a need thing. I like your suggestion of the 600c. Will check them out. Local hifi store recommends i keep my subs. I all in harrow uk.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom