Royal Mail Strike (London) coming soon?

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knew this this but for the past 2 weeks just about every RM mail centre/ delivery office & RDC in London has been balloted for industrial action.

The results are in with a 91% yes vote for industrial action. So I am guessing this will be on the news this week.

No other information at hand on strike dates etc.... just a heads up for those of you posting to and from London. As at some point soon, there will be a possible delay in sending and receiving.

The strikes might not happen depending on talks with RM and the CWU, but it does not look very promising for the London area.

Some offices in Scotland have already been striking but not sure which ones.

Great. That already makes a tough time at work even tougher :mad:

What's the strike for this time?

Much more sensible to strike over the next few weeks/months than in the middle of winter :D

Good luck to all posties.

Not sure the current climate is the most receptive to people with jobs going on strike vs those without jobs not having the choice.

Not to say people shouldn't be allowed to strike, and it depends on the justification of course, but I suspect any sympathy will soon wear thin.

I find out today whether or not I'm at risk of redundancy - might be looking for a job with RM soon.

Good luck? Do you know what they're striking for?

Cuts in services, job losses, changes in terms and conditions, work harder again for less to name a few.

Then again I am just a brain-dead moron who reads and posts in general chat every now and then, so maybe buying the Morning Star would be more appropriate for the answers to your question.

It was a genuine question as I've not heard or read anything about it. So they just seem to be on strike for things that are happening in most businesses around the world, making other people suffer at the same time. Can't say I have much sympathy :confused:

It was a genuine question as I've not heard or read anything about it. So they just seem to be on strike for things that are happening in most businesses around the world, making other people suffer at the same time. Can't say I have much sympathy :confused:

I apologise to you for taking your post the wrong way.

No bother :) I could have worded it better myself.

Wont make much diffrence to me,as my postman is so bad it seems like hes on strike most of the time anyway.I normally have to wait til friday to get the weeks mail.But thats another story.Anyway hope it all works out as my uncle is a postie too.

Wont make much diffrence to me,as my postman is so bad it seems like hes on strike most of the time anyway.I normally have to wait til friday to get the weeks mail.But thats another story.Anyway hope it all works out as my uncle is a postie too.

Mine is a bit like that as well.

It is crime that a once respected job with deliveries that you could set your watch by has become so broken.

Cuts in services, job losses, changes in terms and conditions, work harder again for less to name a few.

Then again I am just a brain-dead moron who reads and posts in general chat every now and then, so maybe buying the Morning Star would be more appropriate for the answers to your question.
Its all very well to take the high ground, but the people who cut jobs and removed the first postal delivery (I refuse to believe its the second post they removed given they do not turn up before 9am unless you are first on the route) are not affect by a strike. The people who are affected by a strike are the British public as ever

Its all very well to take the high ground, but the people who cut jobs and removed the first postal delivery (I refuse to believe its the second post they removed given they do not turn up before 9am unless you are first on the route) are not affect by a strike. The people who are affected by a strike are the British public as ever

I agree, but do not think the workers should just roll over and accept what is happening. They already work hard for less reward than many other workers and for massively less than their masters.

In my opinion, this service along with our utilities should not be run solely for profit and should not be privatised.

I'm sure many have seen it on the news, but for those who have not, the majority of London Royal Mail offices will be striking for 24 hours on Friday June 19th.

Therefore any mail going in and out of London will be disrupted for a few days.

BBC NEWS | England | London | Postal workers decide on strike

Just a heads up for all those buying and selling.

Its a 3 day strike this next one.

Sat July 25th
Mon July 27th
Tues July 28th

Services in the London area will be severely disrupted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom