1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal Mail Have Done it Again

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sleepyone, Jul 28, 2004.

1. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just been on the phone to Play.com to get them to send me another copy of Smallville S2.

The first copy has 'disappeared ' in the post. Even had a tracking number on it, whats the point in that if it can still go missing (and for Royal Mail to not even have an idea at what stage it magically vanished)?

2. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I think the problem with recorded delivery is that it doesn't track where a particular item of post is, it just relies on a signature to say it's been received. I think if an item is sent Special Delivery, that has some means of tracking where it is.

Can you put the tracking number into Royal Mails website to see if it's been signed for?

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    yeah royal mail are so inconsistent. i had to send a dvd back to "themusicstore" because they sent me a 1 disc edition of a dvd and who wants those? After 3 weeks it still hadn't been received and i was getting threatening reminders about payment, then just as i was about to pay for it, it arrived.

*Funny* experience with the post office too, it was December, near Xmas, and i had a parcel waiting for me at the P.O. So i go and get in the insanely long queue, and after 20/25 minutes i finally get to the front and hand over my card, expecting a nice play.com dvd in exchange, or at the very least my next set of contact lenses. What do i get? A flipping AOL cd! The guy behind the counter pointed out the bin in the corner with a wry smile..

4. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Tried that Fatti, Royal Mail have no record of that tracking number, the guy at Play couldn't track it down either. bit useless really.

5. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    bah i had this loads of times . i would say try avoid buying over internet towards xmas time when all the temp staff are there as they will swipe anything going.

i had when i first got a dvd player the old brittania orders to swell my dvds, they were sending out stuff i never ordered and in 6 cases never even recieved, they tried charging me and when i pointed out that they had not been recieved they basically called me a liar. 2 hours of arguing and asking why not sent special delivery so they are tracked and signed for they rellented. some beeeyotch got lucky that xmas cos i lost in total 14 dvd's although i never paid for them in the end.

6. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Recently, I've had a few box sets delivered while I was out, which are obviously too big to fit through a letter box, so the postman thought it was a good idea to leave them on my door step (without even leaving a card to say it had been delivered), lucky they were still there when I got home.

I phoned Royal Mail's complaints dept. and asked them not to leave them outside again and return it to the depot for collection or leave it with a neighbour, like they used to do.

Two days later I came home from work to find a parcel by my gate (right next to the front door).

I've been waiting for a parcel which was posted over 2 weeks ago now and it has not turned up, so has it been left by my door and stolen? or has it just been delayed in the post?

Now I am wary about ordering big items for fear they will be left outside and taken by passers by.