Royal Mail Delays ?

Venomx999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
im waiting on a parcel from royal mail, has service been affected for you guys due to the weather ( heavy snow ) or not ?

thanks

We are in December so even if the weather was perfect things are going to start slowing down, I believe there is a holiday coming up ;)

We are in December so even if the weather was perfect things are going to start slowing down, I believe there is a holiday coming up ;)

Thanks.

I know they try and recruit more people to work for the RM around xmas to try and balance it out. Oh well i can wait its nothing important

I think delivery by Royal Mail is hit and miss all year round which is ridiculous given their charges.

I can't say I have had any issues so far.. In fact I had a parcel sent from Germany delivered yesterday.

Now FedEx on the other hand. Seemed to have delivered my xbox controller to the planet x. Neither they or Microsoft seem to know where it is.

I had a package posted 1st class (not RMSD) from Stoke-on-Trent Saturday & it arrived in Colchester yesterday.

Got a parcel tracked and this morning it's saying delivery attempted - address inaccessible. I take that to mean they haven't tried due to the road conditions.

I was expecting a parcel from Amazon yesterday. Didn't turn up and following up with customer services found it hadn't even been despatched.

Got a CS follow up today to say that it has been despatched so will probably arrive tomorrow or Thursday.

I reckon that is down to the weather.

Cheers,

Nigel

Well I’m still trudging on my walk-round! There might be some delays of items travelling around the countrywide hubs but it’ll only be a small delay as theres thousands of vehicles moving around the country moving millions of items on a daily basis. Christmas pressure and adverse weather conditions don’t help much.

The delivery office is just down the road and although my parcel could've been delivered as we're on a main road, it is understandable with the general conditions that they probably haven't sent any vehicles out today.

Options in the email are to rearrange delivery or collect from the delivery office. I go to the website to book redelivery and you need the details on the card, hmmmm, haven't got a card as you never came.

I know, i'll go and collect it myself. Oh! I need the card and id to match what's on the card. Still haven't got a card.

I get the customer services phone number and ring them. After a load of automated rubbish the computer asks for the card details. I haven't got a fudgeing card. I just want to speak to someone - no option to do that.

Grrrr, I give up.

Going by the few comments above, Royal Mail are not as bad as some people would like to paint them. This is good news for Britain..... Oh and my shares in them are starting to go up again. :laugh:

We've had no postal deliveries for 2 days, despite things not being that bad round here. Even the rubbish was collected first thing yesterday morning, and the dustmen are usually the first people to cry off work when it snows.

i waited 3 weeks for a vinyl from HMV..usually takes 2/3 days

i waited 3 weeks for a vinyl from HMV..usually takes 2/3 days

Madness !
I had an item dispatched first class on monday and still not here.

How its Special Delivery in these hard times ? I've never been let down by special delivery

Royal Mail have to deal with the Black Friday amazon returns
This on top of the Christmas rush as well as amazon diverting outbound shipments to Royal Mail without notice when they overload their own systems(whistle and tnt post do this as well)gives them no chance.

Last edited:
Royal Mail have to deal with the Black Friday amazon returns
This on top of the Christmas rush as well as amazon diverting outbound shipments to Royal Mail without notice when they overload their own systems(whistle and tnt post do this as well)gives them no chance.
Source: missus is a manager within RM.

Fair enough. I appreciate they are very busy this time of year.

Still waiting for me cable

Was dispatched monday, still not here..

It's funny how some people expect magic from any kind of postal service. Despite the fact it' a busy period and the weather isn't at its best.
Hats off to them trying there best.

My Postman of the last 30 years delivered a letter at 06:30 pm, I once would never of believed that he would be have to be working this late!

I am off to the shops today to buy him a big tin of sweets and something to wet his whistle with.

Yeh ours hasn't posted for the last 3 days, must be ill or something

Got my item this morning, so took 4-5 working days

Still waiting for me cable

Was dispatched monday, still not here..

It’s worth pointing out that ‘dispatched’ doesn’t necessarily mean something is now in RM’s hands. In these times of open markets, RM handle many other couriers’ mail and parcels too. Shipments from these third parties arrive at RM Mail Centres and are processed the same day, so there’s every chance that a ‘dispatched’ item is with the third party and not actually RM yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom