royal mail delays

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by reiteration, Feb 28, 2014.

1. reiteration

reiteration
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,300
    has anyone else been experiencing slow delivery of mail..?

I've ordered various cds (amazon uk based market sellers) and some other small items fro ebay etc over the last few weeks and they've all been sent off - but not all have arrived... :(

I'm in county durham...

2. THE_FORCE

THE_FORCE
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    Have to say that I can't praise Royal Mail enough.

Down here in Sussex, all my first class post gets delivered by 10am the next day - including ebay and Amazon.

Sorry reiteration lol. :/

3. reiteration

reiteration
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,300
    yeah, just bought a new camera and that got delivered the next day by parcel farce...tho, I wasn't in so still haven't got it.. ! :D

4. NorvernRob

NorvernRob
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    If anything goes missing, make sure you always make a complaint to RM. If something is amiss they need to know and they will investigate (despite what some people think!).

It's a quiet time of the year for us at present and there shouldn't be any meaningful delays. If you're having quite a bit of stuff go missing and/or delayed it only points to a few things:

The sellers aren't posting when they say they are - not that likely if it's numerous different ones.

There is an issue within your local delivery office - maybe a new revision that isn't working yet and is causing delays.

Your postie is making mistakes and posting your mail elsewhere - do you have a regular postie and are the houses around you clearly numbered? Do you live on an estate where there are lots of very similar road names? For instance, Robin Lane, Robin Street, Robin Road etc etc?

Or, it could be something more sinister - theft is rare but it does happen, and it tends to be one person just taking loads of stuff until they eventually get caught. That's why you need to complain, if anyone on my delivery tells me they've had stuff go missing it's the first thing I tell them.

5. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    I live in a clearly marked flat. It's the ground floor with it's own entrance and is marked A three times as being down the side. We had a temp or new postwoman post my mail round the front (B&C). I caught up with her and told her of her mistake. Her response was 'you are putting me under pressure'. Well, if you did your job right and put the right mail in the right letterbox, I'd never even have to speak to you!

To be fair, generally they are very good and praise where it is due. Trouble is they move the posties round too much and just when they know the names, they shift them somewhere else.

But everyone is going to have their unique experiences so you can't generalise.

6. reiteration

reiteration
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,300
    cheers guys - well the cds - ordered 4 from the same seller - 2 arrived quickly, then the other a week later, and ordered one last week and it hasn't arrived yet...maybe I'm used to them arriving within a few days..

we have a couple of posties around here - and they're fine...but they come when I'm at work so not sure if there's any new ones tho