Royal Mail Collection Service

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Not sure how this has passed me by but apparently from today, Royal Mail will collect parcels or post for an additional fee of just 72p.

For those of us that live literally miles from the nearest PO, this looks like great news. Especially in these times, when on more than one occasion I've had to do a tour of neighbouring villages, looking for one that was actually open when advertised. Only downside is I can't see any reference to it whatsoever on RM's web site!

aVdub

Banned
Taps quietly on door, pops note into letterbox that no one was in and runs off.

Awaits the incoming from rm employees ;)

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Taps quietly on door, pops note into letterbox that no one was in and runs off.

Awaits the incoming from rm employees ;)
Certainly sounds like a PITA for posties. I can only guess that collections will be a separate service rather than your regular postie staggering down the street under a mountain of parcels.

mij

Certainly sounds like a PITA for posties. I can only guess that collections will be a separate service rather than your regular postie staggering down the street under a mountain of parcels.
Apparently not "Your local postman or postwoman will either collect your parcels from your front door or a designated safe space and the service will be part of their daily round." from here: Royal Mail launches 72p parcel pick-up service

I wonder how long it will be before the bosses stick a broom up their backsides so that they can sweep the pavements as they walk.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom