Royal Mail and buying online postage

Sandman

Distinguished Member
I have an eBay auction ending tonight but since I listed the items I have had to book flights at short notice and am flying to America on Tuesday.
I stated on the auction that the items would be posted using Royal Mail 1st class. The issue I have is the post office will be closed till Tuesday and there is no way I will manage to get to a PO before the flight (leaving at 2am and driving from Glasgow to Heathrow).
Does anyone know if it it ok to buy the postage online and simply put the parcel in a postbox? Might seem a daft question but when you take a parcel to the post office to drop off they scan it into the system.

ALI_D

If it's a small parcel
  • Items must weight 2kg or less
  • Maximum dimensions: length 44cm, width 35cm, depth 16cm.
you can post it in a parcel postbox if you have one near you.
Use Click & Drop to buy the postage and stick it in the parcel postbox, you can use a tracked/signed for service as well if you wish.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
As it's Ebay I wouldn't risk leaving yourself open to a claim by not using tracked. Could you book their collection service (I think it's free at the moment) & have it collected from a neighbour?

Sandman

Distinguished Member
It’s only a couple of cheap Xbox games so I’m not too worried about it not being tracked/willing to take the risk.

Good to know I can pop it in a postbox. Thanks for the info.

Hokusai Wave

Heathrow also has a Post Office in T3, opens from 7.30....though you might want to officially check that.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Just re-read your OP, POs should be open as normal tomorrow. It's only the Bank Holidays that they're closed. You may even be able to boo collection for tomorrow to save you a trip.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom