Roy Keane - new manager of Sunderland???

• Thread starter Deleted member 85154
  • Start date

Deleted member 85154

Reaction score
That's the news on the street, so to speak.

Discuss.

I didn't think Keane & Niall Quinn were buddies after Quinn sided with Mick McCarthy after he sent him home from the World Cup!

I was thinking that Curbishley was more of a candidate.....

If Quinn's idea of "world-class" is a untried and untested manager...this story may be plausible

2nd time i've heard this today.:eek:

totally baffling. :eek:

so, from trying to entice Fat Sam, a contender for the England job, to Roy, the thug, Keane, with zip managerial experience, what is Niall thinking?

He is World Class, he's a World Class ******

Looks like Sunderland will have the mouth-watering prospect of a trip to Torquay next season after all then...

NWhiteley said:
totally baffling. :eek:

so, from trying to entice Fat Sam, a contender for the England job, to Roy, the thug, Keane, with zip managerial experience, what is Niall thinking?
Yes, you have to question Quinn's judgement/naivity.
I would love to see Sunderland back in the premiership even though I am an N.U. supporter.
We must be the prime example of a club that thought a good player could make a good manager, having learned the hard way with the likes of Dalgleish, Hullet, Souness etc. Though Keegan did bring some excitement before he did his usual runner.

im just loving whats happening at the stadium of :censored: at the moment :rotfl:

I've given up arguing with people now, anyone who has a go at SAFC, I have to agree with, it's impossible to defend them. The sad truth is, we are in freefall, and are heading the same way as Notts Forest and Oldham athletic, once great teams, now doomed to obscurity in League 1 or division 3 or whatever the bloody hell its called.

Its stark contrast to a few seasons ago when we were getting the third highest gate in the country, beating Chelsea 4-1 at home and finishing 7th in the Premiership.

The thing that does amaze me, is we are still getting huge crowds on match day (home and away), bigger than a lot of Premiership clubs, our fans are either really loyal, really stupid or gluttons for punishment.

Will Keane make a difference ? The head says don't be ridiculous, we should've gone for Alan Curbishley maybe, of even Gary Megson. The heart says, it's a shrewd move on the part of Niall Quinn...:(

Mate, I for one am sorry about Sunderland's demise in recent years.... I feel particularly for the fans!

I still remember with fondness, the 1973 Cup final and the heroics of Jim Montgomery and the victory dance of Bob Stokoe across the pitch after your victory against Leeds.... Happy times indeed.

Good luck for the future and I hope that who ever comes in can halt the slide and stabilise your great club! :smashin:

the problem with the makems is this :nono: they done things the wrong way round they built a nice new big stadium before building a good team,they have never had big name transfers or spent alot of money :D but im sure its gonna be the best stadium in league one next season :rotfl:

Windtalker said:
the problem with the makems is this :nono: they done things the wrong way round they built a nice new big stadium before building a good team,they have never had big name transfers or spent alot of money :D but im sure its gonna be the best stadium in league one next season :rotfl:

They've probably not won anything for years also,so at least you both have something in common.;)

hunts1uk said:
They've probably not won anything for years also,so at least you both have something in common.;)

That is true to an extent, I can't remember the last time the skunks won something... before I was born I think !

although we have won the FA cup and several Div1/Championship trophies since then, three in the last ten years at least...

but the funniest thing, is spending £15million on a player who spends most of his time injured...

You see, you spend all that money, and the scum still don't have a good team:rotfl:

I wonder if there is any pressure being exerted on Quinn from Sunderlands Irish backers for keane's appointment. We all know that he is a man of principal :rotfl: and I can't see therefore how he & Quinn could have made up after the World Cup episode!

MrBlofeldt said:
You see, you spend all that money, and the scum still don't have a good team:rotfl:

And there you have it!Silly mackems ,always a chip on their shoulder.

MrBlofeldt said:
I've given up arguing with people now, anyone who has a go at SAFC, I have to agree with, it's impossible to defend them. The sad truth is, we are in freefall, and are heading the same way as Notts Forest and Oldham athletic, once great teams, now doomed to obscurity in League 1 or division 3 or whatever the bloody hell its called.

Its stark contrast to a few seasons ago when we were getting the third highest gate in the country, beating Chelsea 4-1 at home and finishing 7th in the Premiership.

The thing that does amaze me, is we are still getting huge crowds on match day (home and away), bigger than a lot of Premiership clubs, our fans are either really loyal, really stupid or gluttons for punishment.

Will Keane make a difference ? The head says don't be ridiculous, we should've gone for Alan Curbishley maybe, of even Gary Megson. The heart says, it's a shrewd move on the part of Niall Quinn...:(
Great and Oldham in the same sentence, hmmmm. They had a couple of good seasons, in their history.:nono:

Hairy said:
And there you have it!Silly mackems ,always a chip on their shoulder.

There's no chip at all... Most Mackems are well aware how bad Sunderland are and will not refute any slander directed at their team....

in short, we're crap and we know it...

The trouble is the skunks are crap as well, but you lot are too daft to see it !

as regards Oldham.. ok, maybe I was being a bit over zealous...

MrBlofeldt said:
There's no chip at all... Most Mackems are well aware how bad Sunderland are and will not refute any slander directed at their team....

in short, we're crap and we know it...

The trouble is the skunks are crap as well, but you lot are too daft to see it !

as regards Oldham.. ok, maybe I was being a bit over zealous...

All I can say to that is there must be different types of crap!

Blunderland being the worst,obviously!:rotfl:

But seriously,if Keane can get them playing with a bit of the fire he has,then there may be a bit of hope.

Keane has officially now agreed terms to become Sunderland manager and will team up with that muppet (Keane's words, not mine) Niall Quinn!

Was watching the SSN report on todays action at Sunderland. Did anyone else notice the frosty unease when Quinn went over to Keane while he was sitting down in the stadium? That is not a match made in heaven, trust me!

From where I am sitting, the Irish backers are calling the shots and Quinn has been put in as the public face of the club, with no power. It won't be long before Keane turns on him, IMO.

Keane is a nasty toe rag (again, IMO) but the one thing he does have going for him however, is that he is principled. After Quinn sided with Mick McCarthy in the WC, and the subsequent slagging of Quinn by Keane, I can't see that he would ever do a U turn. No, he harbours that grudge and it could all kick off in the not too distant.... hold on to your hats......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom