Roxio Easy Media Creator V9.0 and vista

AMCross

Anybody got this working on Vista 32 :lease:

On install get error 3XXXX7000165 or similar and thats it

Thats after trying my V8.0 download and that was burnt to a disc and that gives an error :thumbsdow

so i though damm it lets download the latest V9.0 and lets get it on a disc because of their download limitation and now that doesn't work :( :confused:

No update on their website why did i not trust my instinct and avoid roxio?Sonic

want to get four VHS tapes on my pc before video's become extinct

AMCross

got it on now by using compatibility mode

HOWEVER they have serious issue just check their forums:mad:

mine works now but it has disabled my dvdrw

mark.carline

Works ok for me - I had a problem in that it installed some driver that vista didnt like - Vista then disabled the driver but asked me if I wanted to "check online for updates for this driver" which I did. It took me to roxios site for an updated driver (some kind of cd imaging driver).

Annoying this is that roxio has lots of "bloteware" and so I only installed what I needed (ignored stuff like "digita home" etc).

Embarker

had this pre loaded on my hp laptop, but always been a nero man.

Was I too quick to dismiss this? Am I misssing something?

mark.carline

It depends on what your requirements are.

I really like a feature of Roxio where I can use the classic app to drag and drop 80Gb of MP3s into a new data DVD-R project and it will span these across 21 DVD-Rs.

plus the backup it creates is just a file level copy of the MP3s which is good if I want to be able to restore just a couple of file and I dont have the Roxio app installed (it also pops a simple restore EXE file on each disk with an index.).

I tried doing the same thing in Nero and everything above the 4.7Gb of the 1st disk just said something like "files too large to be added to project".

I would certainly be interested to know if its possible for Nero to do the same thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom