1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Route 66 for P910i

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by pharris007, Jun 30, 2005.

1. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    HI.

Im looking for a GPS for my sony ericsson P910i. Has anyone got or used the Route 66 bluetooth for their phone, and if so whats it like????

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't know of any UK users yet, but there is a semi-review on the p900 forum at www.esato.com.

I am waiting for the software only to become available, rather than having to buy the complete kit. But I would certainly want a trial or info from other reveiws first

I am trialling Wayfinder at the moment and find this to be very slow, impossible to press the screen or make other changes while driving, and the voice is totally inaudiable. Searching for a road or postcode via the search frequently fails to find the address, and can make the phone grind to a halt while it searches and downloads maps. I am not sure if this is a Wayfinder issue though, as I do think that my P910 is much slower than the P900.

I do not think I would use it [a P910] as my main gps and would stick with tomtom and an ipaq, and just use it for emergencies when I don't have the ipaq with me.

I am using a BT77 GPS (about £45 from ebay) and this works perfectly with the P910 and P900