round the corner or up and over?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by richard plumb, Nov 1, 2005.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,056
    Going to be wall mounting my new LCD screen hopefully this weekend. Currently have svideo through trunking, but that needs replacing with component and RGB SCART and audio - and eventually 2xHDMI. Lots more cable so trunking starts to look too clumsy.

So what are my options for hiding the cable? The cabling needs to get to the alcove on the left. I can't go straight down to the floor as the fireplace is in the way.

If I go through the back (its plasterboard over brick/blockwork) can I get round the corner of the fireplace then down to the floor on the side of the chimney breast? won't the corners be reinforced with metal stuff/be too tight?

What about going up into the ceiling space, then along and drop straight down in the alcove? No idea how I'll get the floorboards up but is that a better option?

Any other alternatives?

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,056
    *cough*bump*

(I've got a sore throat :)

3. EDDO11

EDDO11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no probs just chase a channel in horizontal across (big enough to fit your new trunking) when you get to the metal stuff,(thats angle bead) cut through it with a hacksaw then keep chasing along the wall until you reach the corner then chase straight down to the floor and run the cables either under carpet or flooring or go under the floorboards.

4. EDDO11

EDDO11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a good plasterer will be able to cover it up nicely