Round Football...

Sicknote10

Haven't entered before so felt it was about time I had a go! Decided to use one of the photos I took at the Woking vs Forest Green Rovers match today

It's a football... they're round things... :D I'm in a selective colouring mood at the moment, not everyone's cup of tea!

septcompentry.jpg

Exif should be embedded...
Camera: Canon 400d
Shutter Speed: 1/500"
Aperture: f5.6
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 300mm

:blush:

SweetGirl

Lovely and on theme....
I too am into 'Selective Colouring' this month :D

V

vulkan75

Really nice shot...and the selective colouring works a treat:smashin:

like it

Zone

Works for me also, like the angle to the shot as well, gives the impression the ball is running away from him and he's scrambling to keep on the green (or grey in this instance) stuff.

jonnypb

good capture, nice an sharp for an action shot and i like your selective colouring. i'm kind of into that at the minute

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Really nice shot - I'm not a big fan of selective colouring, but I can see why you've used it here, and it certainly emphasises the ball nicely.

It might have been nicer if you'd cropped in a little to take the ball off centre and help balance the composition - but that's just me.

Great entry

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Well caught!! I would have probably square cropped it to remove the rightmost part of the image as there is not much there to hold interest. This could have made the image much stronger too IMO

Sicknote10

Thanks for all the feedback! :thumbsup:

I've got into the habit of leaving every photo in it's original aspect ratio, hardly ever square anything, so might try that in future!

The original is here, I wanted the football to stand out the most as that's meant to be the theme, so colourized it to match the sock colour

Nice stuff .. somehow my selective colouring never looks like that!

:smashin:

Practise! :smashin:

booyaka

nice one indeed - that's a gangly pair of legs mind you!!

werewolf40

Very Nice indeed:smashin:

iandrews

Very good, and well done. I like the selective colouring. It also looks like the pitch is sloping left to right, and hence the ball is running away from the leg.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom