Rough Valuation

Muck9

I have a high end 2011 21.5" iMac and I was wondering how much I would be looking at getting for it.

Specs:
21.5-inch: 2.7GHz
2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1920 x 1080 resolution
1TB hard drive
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB
It has 12GB RAM (2 x 2GB factory fitted, 2 x 4GB self fitted)

It also has AppleCare until late June 2014

How much would you value this at?

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Only problem with that is that OP would get far far lower than in the private second hand market and they wouldn't take into account the extended APP, so not really useful for him/her

Anyway, I would value it at around minimum £950 for a quick sale to £1250, with an overall target price of £1100

^Should add that's if selling on AVF, add a tad more if it's for ebay

Last edited:

CamFire

A refurb direct from Apple is £1049, so you can use that as comparison, treating the extra RAM and additional year of warranty as niceties.

RobM

Distinguished Member
The RAM and APP will make it easier to sell, rather than worth more. Something around the £1000 mark is a fair price to aim for.

maf1970

Only really useful if OP needs to dispose of the machine. Trade in values are way lower than 2nd hand market prices. I did a test run through of this and it offered £375 for the machine.

£950 to £1000 would be a fair price for this model however I think the OP would be justified in asking as high as £1100 so long as he emphasizes the Applecare left on it and the amount of extra memory fitted.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom