ROTS - Documentary Surprise!

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Hi,

got my R2 disic of Ep 3 yesterday and was watching some of the extras. I saw something that made me do a double take during the "The Chosen One" featurette on disc 2. During this documentary they show a clip from Ep 1 TPM, where Yoda is doing his bit about fear leading to anger, anger to hate, hate to suffering. However the bit that made me do a double take was that it was a CGI Yoda, and not the puppet from the actual film!

Is this an indication that GL is gonna replace Yoda from Ep 1 with a digital version?

BTW, I really noticed it on my TV screen last night (Projector's on the blink!) that the CGI and blue screen stuff looks more fake than ever in this film. I thought that at the time in the cinema, but looks even worse on the TV. The colours look unnatural as do all the backgrounds - looks more like a video game now than a film!

Cheers

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Donnacha said:
Is this an indication that GL is gonna replace Yoda from Ep 1 with a digital version?
They've already done it. They did a press conference with Frank Oz about it a little while ago. Apparently they'll never replace the Yoda puppet in eps 4,5 and 6 though... a statement that provoked a reaction of "chinny reckon" when I read it :rolleyes:

Top Bottom