1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROTK: EE - Anyone had faulty/damaged discs?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Matthew Attoe, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

Due to shipping problems and the great customer service of sendit.com I have two copies of ROTK: EE. One I opened to keep and the other I will be sending back to them sometime over the next few days.

Anyway, I was checking the 4 discs of the set i opened and EVERY SINGLE ONE had bad scratches and damage to the underneath. Discs 1 had 3 or 4 big, thick scratches about 1 or 2 inches long!!!

So, being an optomist, I opened the other set and guess what? EVERY SINGLE DISC IS DAMAGED. What are the chances of getting two sets of damaged discs???

Then I remembered - last year my Two Towers: EE had damage on every disc as well and I'm sure that there was a thread about this problem at the time.

Do you think it is possible, that, because the studios knew this would be such a big seller, that they shipped out a load of faulty discs in the hope of just supplying demand?

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else's discs were damaged?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Matthew

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    My Two Towers Boxsets had some slight scratchs on them last year and was worried the ones this year might also have scratchs but guess I was lucky as they are all in near perfect condition but I have heard of other people getting damaged sets.

3. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Great!

Now add to that that my Season 5 of The Simpsons case is knackered. The little plastic pegs that hold the discs in place have all broken in one place or another, resulting in every disc not being held in place.

I'm not having a very good "Box-Set" xmas :(

Never mind - got a great dinner to look forward to!

Cheers,

Matthew

PS Indiana Jones - where did you here about other people getting damaged sets? Is it in another thread on this forum? Would be handy to point SendIt.com a link so they can see it isn't just me. Thanks.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    Not sure where I read it but pretty sure it wasent on here, will have a look around for you.

Also, speaking of The Simpsons, my Season 5 Boxset arrived on Thursday and even though I had no broken pegs, Disc 3 did have a mark on it which prevented playback so I ended up paying £4 to get it repaired down my local rental shop :mad:

Lucikly all my DVDs for xmas where in top condition so now its just a matter of watching them.

5. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep same problem with lord of the rings, I got it replaced twice with thick scratches on disk 4 and very poor packaging quality.

6. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I have the R1 and the outer box has a single crease going straight across one side. I haven't played the discs yet but they are scratch free.

I did notice that it was shrinked wrapped tightly so that it squeezed the outer box.

7. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My outer box has the same problem.