1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROTJ - New ending *spoiler*

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by spidermanalf, May 19, 2004.

1. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
  2. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    That's if it isn't some Photoshop Fanboy Fake (which at the moment I suspect it is)

[​IMG]

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,944
    Check out the Digital Bits, they say it is authentic and is one of the changes Lucas has made to the Original Trilogy for the DVD release in September.

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    the digi bits implied it was just one of many, many changes Georgie's slipped in

5. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    OMG!!! Why would George want to chang this scene? It seems if its true hes just changing things for the sake of it. Lets see, Luke looks across and sees his now dead father...as a BOY!!! LMAO.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't really want to get involved here because I'm not really a Star wars geek...I like them but don't live and breathe them like some people...however, I feel that some people are being a little bit short sighted here...
    We've all seen the originals, hated the SE's and thought that EPI was toilet and EPII wasn't much better...however, none of us have seen EPIII yet. How do we know that that isn't what he looks like before his face get's all mangled and he turns all heavy breather on us...?
    Also, can you imagine in 15 years time, when you sit down with your children (or grandchildren in my case...) to watch Star Wars I - IV on a single 3 inch disc and your grandson turns around to you and says "Dad/Grandad...who's that guy standing next to Obi Wan Kenobi...I haven't seen him in the films before...". Try explaining that one away... :confused:

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,944
    Seems like Lucas is just trying to create continuity between the original films and the prequels which I can understand because of the reason mentioned above but I am sure alot of people wouldnt have a problem with these changes if he was also releasing the Original Versions on DVD so you at least had a choice. Maybe when Lucas releases all 6 Films on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray in a few years he might gives us the original films along with tons of extras if enough people complain about the September release, after all the original versions have been released on VHS more times than I can remember and I wouldnt be suprised if the next release is in late November 2005 with a 12 Disc Boxset of all 6 Films, each film having its own Bonus Disc full of Features.

8. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I see that GL wants continuity, but in the scene on the Death Star where Luke drags Darth to the shuttle and removes his helmet, its the face a mature man. Now the menacing voice of Darth Vader will look like a joke when its some skinny boy underneath the suit!

I think as soon as GL tries to improve on one aspect of the movie he ruins another.

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because he is completely and utterly insane. There's no other explanation.

Harry brought up a good point when they posted the pic on AICN. Why does Anakin get to be young as a ghost, but Yoda and Obi-Wan are still old?

Frankly, I don't care anymore. By the time GL is finished, there won't be any magic left in the OT. They'll be just as lifeless as Eps I, II, and III. It wouldn't bother me now if he replaced the ewoks in RotJ with the characters from Fraggle Rock. The guy's got zero credibility left as a filmmaker.

10. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    :laugh: :rotfl:

11. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Because we know Anakin looks like that. We've already seen him in Ep2. (& the photos from Ep3)

Because that isn't the only appearance of old Anakin. Remember that small insignificant scene where Vader removes his mask? Any kid who says "I haven't seen him before" clearly wasn't paying attention.

12. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I for one think GL has lost it. But for what its worth I think the picture is genuin. Why? Because GL will argue the ghost which appears at the end of ROTJ is Aniken Skywalker and not Darth Vader. And Aniken Skywalker dies when he turns to the darkside which happens in EPIII, when he was young. This rings true in the original ROTJ. But it all goes pair shaped when Luke has the lasting vision of a father, a boy who is younger than himself.

Give GL a loaded gun and he'll shoot himself in the foot.

13. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OR...

Give GL a loaded gun and he'll shoot a fan in the heart and take his money. (but I'm not bitter, honest) ;)

14. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who's to say that scene won't be changed as well? Bet your bottom dollar it is...

15. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    I'd heard GL had already recently re-shot the bit from ROTJ where Luke takes off Vaders mask on their way off the Deathstar, as an insert using Hayden Christiansen to replace the mangled old man that was originally there... it makes sense I suppose if he wants to keep character/actor continuity and he really wants to do it, but there's no need in my mind. I don't see that it would be any different to Eastenders surviving the replacement of certain actors playing certain characters... nobody cares that much. I can't really see someone throwing their arms in the air in disgust because when the helmet came off it wasn't Haydens face, but its obviously a reaction GL's afraid of despite the films being made some 20 years apart.

It just seems like GL's more than a little anal about this Star Wars thing with his constant tinkering. I mean, on the commentary for EP2 he points out a tiny cgi spark he had the ILM bods add to Jango Fett's jetpack the day before the commentary was recorded.
    With every new release of his films there'll be a different version being put out, depending on how he feels when he gets out of bed that morning :rolleyes: :suicide:

16. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,416
  17. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    :rotfl:
    I swear GL makes that stuff up as he goes along

18. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    None of the pictures are working for me (just get the little box with the red cross in it)... is it me or have they been removed?

EDIT: working now - Don't know what to say really :rolleyes:

19. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527

Errr how about..'the man is an arse'

Do you think he was abducted by aliens in about 1981 and replaced by an imposter? It might explain some of the stuff in ROTJ and Howard the Duck!

20. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be brutally honest, I think the original Star Wars trilogy was a success despite of George Lucas. He had a ton of talented people helping him along the way for those films. (especially the direction of ESB and the writing help) Now it's just him, and if these 2 prequels have taught us nothing else, they've taught us that GL is not a good filmmaker. He's a hack with a powerful CGI company behind him. Now that there's no one to keep him in check, we finally get GL's vision of the Star Wars universe 100%. And frankly... it's :censored:

21. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope that tinkering with the Han/Greedo scene is changing it back to Han shoots first but i suspect he's just made the shot of Greedo shooting first look better :(

I loved the prequels and hey i'm 34 so did grow up with the original trilogy, the weakest of the 5 films so far has been Return Of The Jedi, that was embarrassing watching experienced stormtroopers get their ass kicked by small furry Ewoks..

22. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Does this mean we'll finally get the Han, Leia, Chewie spitroast scene :eek:

23. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No, the scene of them cooking an Ewok in the Falcon's rotisserie oven was deleted due to complaints from Animal welfare groups. :)

24. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,620
    If you ask that question here ,you moght find its already been done :p

25. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Forget Claudio Ranieri - I am hereby christening George Lucas as The Tinkerman :clap: :rolleyes:

26. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Outstanding!!

27. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    So am I the only person that is looking forward to seeing what changes have been made?

I think its a bit harsh calling him a hack, after all he has become one of the biggest name in film not to mention sound and vision. All films are about collaboration, some are good some are stinkers that’s just the way it is. Admittedly the new ones aren’t as good but he did have the vision and the drive and it would never have happened without him.

28. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Well for me it feels like the prequels have been made up by Lucas as he went along. There are far too many inconsistencies from the orginals to believe he actually had the vision for them when he was making the originals.

...and I really really hated him for trying to explian away the 'force' in Eps 1 by saying it was something in your blood system that controlled you! Laughable!!!

29. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That was the biggest disappointment for me as well - the fact that he had been writing these films for 20 odd years and he produced such dumb nonsense.

Totally agree. I thought it was pathetic.

30. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    :lesson:

The Force and Midichlorians aren't the same thing. The Force is an energy field generated by living beings. Midichlorians are the microscopic creatures that - symbiotically - allow a macroscopic creature such as a humanoid to interact with the Force.

Perhaps the prequels are actually truer to his original vision than the original films were? The reason why he keeps revising the originals, I can only assume, is to bring them more in line with how he would have originally made them if he been able to (e.g. if modern special effects technology had been available).