Question Roth Sub Zero 2 - Scratching sound at high volume

Xoffer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster, hoping to clear up an issue I think I might be having before contacting the manufacturer. My soundbar appears to be making a scratching sound at high volume (on the soundbar, not connected device) and it's irking me somewhat.

I recently bought this Roth Sub Zero 2 soundbar, mostly out of necessity due to lack of space and legacy connections. When I saw that it had the capability of RCA, 3.5mm and optical, had decent reviews and it suits my current requirements until I buy a bigger TV when I move house in just over a year.

Set it up, tried the various connections and volume levels. Stuck on Avatar (it was on TV at the time) and realised I was hearing a somewhat low buzzing/scratching sound. I thought it was the soundtrack itself but changed channel and could still hear it. When I turned the soundbar volume down to half and the TV volume up, the scratching subsided mostly.

This happens on all inputs including Bluetooth (and I tested without any audio cables connected and pulled the soundbar away from potentially interfering equipment).

It's not really having much of an impact on my enjoyment now I've found a good level but I'm wondering, out of my lack of experience, is this a faulty device? I don't trust myself not to get annoyed at this in the future :D.

Should I just contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement or am I being fussy?

Thanks

Xoff

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom