1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hemifever, Oct 4, 2004.

1. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the M&K S150 THX speaker setup with the MX-350 sub. I'm replacing all of my equipment due to a lightening strike. I am planning on going out this week and buying the Rotel 1067 receiver and Rotel 1060 DVD player. I'm into the movie cinema sound (hence the THX speakers), is the Rotel going to be a better receiver over a THX certified Denon?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Rotel equipment has always had good reviews whether it be Hifi or Home cinema and there is alot of people on this forum who will say that just because it is not THX certified it does not mean that it can't do the same job as a THX amp but the only way you are going to know if it's what you want is to have a listen to them.
    Personally i feel that if you buy a THX bit of kit you know you are getting a powerfull piece of equipment that has met the strict specifications and it will match nicely with what you have already ;)

Just my opinion

John :)

3. dexter

dexter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the rotel RDV1060 - it is a great machine - an impressive improvement over my previous Pioneer dv737.

4. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I am looking at the rotel rsx-1067 as well having decided to pay the extra for an receiver which should be excellent in dts and dolby and hold its own in stereo or thats what I am hoping for!!

5. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I listened to the "lower end" 1056 Rotel and the Marantz 7400 side by side. The Rotel had a more in depth sound and to me was a very noticeable difference. I don't have a way to play the "higher end" 1067 next to a Denon. I do believe the 1067 will be mine this week. I've only heard excellent reviews about it.

6. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've listened to a RSX-1056 and Denon 3805 side by side. The DVD player used was a Denon 2900 and used a Rotel RCD-02 for CD replay.

The Rotel is noticeably better but not be a massive amount. If I was to describe the difference I'd say the Rotel sounded more realistic and the dialogue was clearer. It's also quite a bit better for stereo with much better timing and clarity.

It also looks better in my opinion!

7. mattburk

mattburk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had rotel with my M&K system and have to say its tops. Rotel beats denon any day in my book. That rsx 1067 is one nice receiver.

8. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well y'all helped me make up my mind. I just got back from the audio store and purchased Rotel 1067 receiver and the 1060 DVD player.

9. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats mate looks like a very nice receiver. :smashin:
    I see you have the S150 M&K speakers how do you rate them as i'm thinking of upgradeing from the 851's.

10. hemifever

hemifever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The S-150's rock and I've got the MX-350thx sub. I was running them with a Marantz 7000 until my lightening strike and fire. So I'll be putting this Rotel 1067 to them once I'm back in the house in another month. With the Marantz 7000, I felt that I had better sound than the movie theater.

11. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Hemifever,

With the new Rotel they should sound superb too :cool:
    I am going to get a dem of the S-150's probably end up going home with them :smashin:

BTW: Who needs cinema's when we got one at home :smoke: