Rotel RSX-972 PLEASE read...

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by andy76, Nov 8, 2001.

1. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been reading the online review of this amp from the August issue.
    It states that at £500 it is quite a bargain really.
    Why then can I only find it advertised at prices around the £1000 mark?!?!?

Who is wrong?

Andrew

2. GalaxiaN

GalaxiaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went for a sound demo a few weeks ago @ Sevenoaks. My intention was to demo a budget, mid-price and high end amp/receiver.

My 3 choices were:

Yamaha DSP-AX620
    Rotel RSX-972
    Denon AVC-A10SE

I was surprised at prefering the sound of the Rotel within this group, especially thinking it was only £500.
    I was even more surprised when the Sevenoaks assistant told me it was £999. I frantically leafed through my copy of HCC to show him the £500 price but he told me that's not the price he had listed.
    I left the store quite confused and like you searched around for someone who sold this amp at the HCC price. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone selling it at £500 so I can only assume HCC have got the price wrong.

Strange as it was specifically reviewed as part of a Mid-Priced receiver test.:confused:

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Yeah, they got the price wrong. The receiver goes for £1000 and is the midrange Rotel model. There is a model for 6 or £700 (can't remember the model) and a flagship 1065 for ~£1500.

Russell