Rotel RSX-972 losing its settings

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by dreamc, May 6, 2007.

1. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Rotel RSX-972 and lately when i turn it on it has lost all its settings, it's not happening constantly, but has been happening more and more. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Does the receiver have an internal battery that might need replacement?

2. bung99

bung99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I leave & set my 972 in STANDBY mode as it keeps the settings unless you turn it off at the power switch or the front button. It just requires the remote to turn it fully on. I think it is just a cap in the unit as there is no battery but I don't know which one so leave it on & keep a copy of all your settings is all I can suggest.
    If you find out which cap to replace I would love to know.

3. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, after setting it all up again yesterday i made the decision to put it on standby as well. I could bring it to the shop to have it checked, but don't feel like unhooking everything again. So it does seem something that happens to more sets...

Received a mail from Rotel about it:
    The RSX-972 does not have an internal battery but it does have a series of back-up components that are used to save the receiver settings.

Obviously it is difficult to ascertain whether this is indeed the problem, so my recommendation is to contact your national distributor so that the device may be serviced.