Rotel RSX 1065

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Rolo Tomasi, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Has anybody got one of these?

I demoed one last Saturday and it sounded very good with films and excellent with music. Didn't do a comparison with another amp at the same time, although its music performance was far better than my Sony STR-DB940.

Is it worth its £1800 price tag or would a similar improvement on the music front be obtained from, say, a £1000 receiver? (PS - I want a one-box solution)

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
    How about the Rotel RSX-1055 instead.

It's lower powered (60w per channel I think) but appart from that is pretty much identical.

Best thing ... it's around £600 less than the RSX-1065

Apart from the Rotel, the NAD T752 and T762 would also be worth auditioning if Music is a priority, and also the Arcam AVR200. The Marantz 8200 is also well reguarded and I think thats around £1000 too.

If Music is important to you ... make sure you also think about a CD player (even a £200 NAD C521 if thats all you can afford) as this will be a lot more musical than most DVD players.

Victoria