1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RSX-1065

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by RC, Dec 17, 2001.

1. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone here seen or heard anything of the new Rotel RSX-1065 Receiver yet?

The feature list looks good enough, but my objective is to build a system which is musically, very capable. My trouble so far has been avoiding an enormous budget (yes, I'd love some TAG stuff....). I've obviously been looking at power amp/ processor combinations and have not really been looking at combined receivers, but I've got a feeling that this could be a pretty good product and I'd like to find out more about it. I've trawled the web and not found much of interest, so any additional info/ reviews would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

2. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmm, disappointed not to get a response so far. This is what I have gleaned to date, but would love to know if anyone has got info to add to it:

Rotel website RSX-1065 info

5x100 watts, typically beefy Rotel toroidal transformers. Some websites are stating this is 120wpc (maybe European version?), so I wonder were the confusion comes from? Weight 20.4kg (22Kg European version?), all latest formats including PL2, has RS232 connectivity, 12v triggers, fully programmeable remote blah blah :rolleyes:

I know the benefits of keeping processing and amplification apart, but the AV processors I see are lots of money, and very few can deal with the latest formats without going to silly money. So, if Rotel are offering a product that can combine all the latest features/ formats and do a decent job of producing a good signal, and we can rely on the rather good pedigree of amplification they provide, I think this product could be a winner.

Of course, what I'm really keen to read is a proper review of the system, but I think we are just at the stage of the first rounds of publicity. Someone prove me wrong and dig up something more!! :p

3. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hee hee - I'm enjoying talking to myself here :clown:

Power consumption is rated at 825W which seems rather high for 5x 100 stated output. I've got a feeling that this is simply an RMB-1075 power amp with all the processing goodies thrown in.

The Rotel Distributor in the UK says that they are just now sending this machine out to magazines and so on for reviews, and I'm trying to speak to a dealer in Germany who says he has the only one in Germany available to demo. He's only 2 hours drive away.....

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rotel amps are very good value...

Just to keep you company... ;)

5. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D

Hey, I'm excited about this product. I've been waiting a long time to sort out a multi-point sound system/ home cinema, and I think I've got my speakers sorted out, so I really need to be getting to the position where I've got some processor/ amps to be lined up for demoing.

Does the RSX-1065 scratch anyone else's itch?

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, integrated units offer less flexibility for upgrades or changes and seperates may still have a performance advantage.

However you could consider some alternatives: start small and add on that, e.g. a Denon AVR-3802 with a Rotel 5-channel power amp would offer all the latest decoding and you could change to an AV preamp-processor later when funds allow (and 10.2 has become mainstream ;) ).

Else invest in a hifi/stereo setup and connect an add-on solution, like e.g. a Yamaha DSP-E800 or any AV amp/receiver with pre-outs for the front channels which connect to the hifi amp.
    No AV equipment in the stereo path and only one set of speakers needed for the front.

As you see there are several possibilities, depending on your preference and priorities (music or movies), and of course your budget.

7. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. blair

blair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like Rotel stuff, I owned an integrated amp years ago and currently have one of their 5 channel power amps, but must say that is the ugliest bit of kit I can remember seeing. Maybe you could hide it in a cabinet?

9. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't seem to cater in any way for any 6.1 channel format. Isn't that a bit of a serious ommision ?

GearHead

10. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has pre-outs for 6 and 7 channels I believe, which is a fairly typical arrangement and certainly allows the addition of an additional 2 channel power amp if you require the extra speakers.

11. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RC,

I looked for that too, but couldn't find any mention of it in the links above.

GearHead