1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RSP1098 vs. RSP1068

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by joonhyo, Jun 3, 2005.

1. joonhyo

joonhyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Rotel RSP-1098 worth extra $1300 assuming I do not need LCD display?
    Will upgrade from Yamaha AZ-2 to Rotel RSP-1068/RMB-1075 make significant difference?
    And please let me know if you know Rotel dealers with great price in the US.

2. Mark1Ace1

Mark1Ace1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the option of getting the 1068, but chose the 1098 as I thought it sounded that bit better. However, that is just my opinion. As for retailers in the US, sorry I can't help - you could try Club Rotel at HTguide, they could point you in the right direction for sure...

Mark

3. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    There is a very similar thread to this on the HTguide Rotel forum.

I'd read that if I was you.

It does seem quite hard to justify the difference when you buy a 1075 and have rather a lot of change left over.

The 1068 is such good value for money.

It's a wonderful amp, and the stereo side is bloody good as well. I've got a MF A308 as there isan't much lower than this that is really noticably better as a pre then the Rotel. It really rocks.

4. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    The 1098 sounds better then the 1068, although the actual inputs remain basically the same. I was going to buy the 1068 originally, but the 1098 was launched just as was about to purchase (Nov 2003) so had one since then, no problems with it at all.

Oh, and the software upgrades are good, mine was an original 1.15 firmware, and I`ve recently upgraded it to 2.18 which includes Dolby Pro-Logic IIX which makes a big difference. Not bad for free:)