1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel rsp1066

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Patrick vdb, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody in the UK has experience with the Rotel pre/pro RSP1066? In Holland this processor is just available in the av-market and therefor experienced people are hard to find. What can be said about this processor? How does it perform and what's the character of this equipment (laidback sounding, agrresive, warm or neutral?)

Best regards,

Patrick

2. garmtz

garmtz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Patrick,

Rotel sounds a bit laidback, "creamy" and warm, but always very musically satisfying and pretty dynamic. It always has a "nice" sound which can make most recordings sound good. With the best recordings, something could go missing though.

3. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Garmtz

Never expected to speak to a dutchman on this forum:D

I've listened to the Rotel RSP985 and 976 a while back (the 1066 wasn't out then) and these also sounded laidback. For music or movies with a certain ambiance it worked really good but with action-packed movies I missed a bit of aggresion unfortunately. This bit of aggresion I found in the Denon AVC-A1SE but this one lacks a bit of the dynamics of the Rotel's RMB1095 amp (which I surely liked). Difficult choice.

Perhaps that the newcomer 1066 had a bit of the aggresion which I missed in the former processors of Rotel but this is very unlikely I understand.

Best regards

Patrick

ps. I will post any further questions on the dutch HTforum (praat wat gemakkelijker;)) if I have them.