1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotel RSP 976

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by R oss Smith, May 12, 2003.

1. R oss Smith

R oss Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a superceeded RSP 976 for a good price, the sound quality is excellent, it's running into my older RB 985 power amp.
    I have had a couple of problems though, when watching a DVD movie from my Toshiba using Coaxial imput, the sound just suddenly dropped out. Swiching back and forth between anologue and coaxial imputs the sound wouldn't return except for this high pitch digital static. I immediately turned the processor off fearing damage to my speakers, after 5 minutes in the off mode I turned it back on and everything worked OK. Then while watching Digital TV using optical imput the Processor emitted this high pitched digital static again again the only way to remedy this was by turning the 976 off. Any clues to what is causing this would be appreciated.

2. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    i am using a 966 while i look at a new processor, and although they are good value when bought cheap, it is widely known for its software problems DD,DTS dropout being the most common. ROTEL did make some attempt to fix this with a newer version (i think v4) but i dont know if it works, do a search. (ps mine has not had any problems yet but has had little use so am expecting problems)