rotel rsp-1066/rmb-1075

thanks jsw

please let me know how you get on .

carl

Will post a report and hopefully pics here after my visit :)

the 1075 rocks...but should you need extra power :eek: then you can always upgrade to the 1095.....

Originally posted by petrolhead
Phil

I was in 7oaks Friday and the main dem room now sporting Arcam AV8 and P7.

Global have a second hand Parasound 5chnl for £2000 not sure if this is comparable or better than Rotel

Not sure myself which way to go next. New Lexicon very expensive, Meridian not sure but Tag has good backup and upgradable.

BTW is the 32R £2000?

I have not been able to get accross for a while, but i got to hear my 750thx with the arcam duo and they rocked big style.

Craig stated he was getting the rotels in stock, and their order had gone through last time I was in 7oaks. He will be getting my future business for sure, even if it is a few quid more than elsewhere, you just cant beat the service. (nice xmas card btw, containing a 10% off voucher which will be handy).

Global wont be getting any more of my time or money, but I wont go into that here.

As for processor, Tag32 is fav,along with Arcam. But that could all change in 8 months or so.

THX 1138

Craig stated he was getting the rotels in stock

great,atleast i'll be able to try comparing the rotel 1075 to the arcam p7.

favorite at the moment(without demoing any)is the rotel 1075,hav'nt read a bad thing about it yet.this is mainly because of price,i'm only able to run 5.1 at the moment and i'm not looking at moving house for a good few years:( .so the p7 is £2500 the 1075 about £800'ish ,i'm looking at saving£1700.

glad you like your m&k speakers.i know you have had issues with running them off you denon,how much difference did you notice when using the arcam p7?
i think ive got my mind set on m&k,will buy of eric when time comes.

thanks carl

So Phil either Tag or Arcam. Similar prices. Ever concidered the Rotel Pr-amp?

Sorry to hear you have had probs with Global :(

Carl -

If you really like the Arcam P7 sound but cannot stretch that far, don't forget that a P85 and P85/3 will give you 5 x 100WPC for about half the cost of a P7. The P7 and P85 amplifier topologies are similar. The P85s also seem to keep their S/H value well if you decide to trade up later.

Best wishes,

John Dawson (Arcam)

I used a loaned P85 from craig at sevenoaks and it made a difference, but the denon 3801 as pre amp is not great with 2 channel.

The av8 and P7 driving the M&ks was unbelievable to be very honest. I would love to upgrade to that duo, but someone will have to loan me £5,500 first!

John are there any plans for a P5 (5 channel version?)

Originally posted by codling
THX 1138

great,atleast i'll be able to try comparing the rotel 1075 to the arcam p7.

After me in the queue then:rolleyes: I think we will have to ask Craig nicely;)

I had the 1075 several months ago hooked up to a Rotel Processor (had to sell because of car problems:( ) This amp really does sound excellent. I had it up against an Arcam Alpha 10p, and the Rotel was quite a bit better in my book. Dunno how the old Alpha series stacks up against the newer Diva series though. It even improved the sound of a freinds A1SE amplification.

Russell

There are no plans for a 5 channel version at this time as it doesn't actually save a huge amount of money - a great deal is tied up in the power supply and (to a lesser extent) the casework.

Russell - there is a big difference in circuit topology and performance between the old Alpha 10/10P and the DiVA A/P85 family. The A/P85 is better :)

John Dawson (Arcam)

After me in the queue then I think we will have to ask Craig nicely

:D

P85 and P85/3 will give you 5 x 100WPC

john

what do these output at 4ohms,as i was wanting to run the m&k's with atleast 200watts.

thanks carl

Carl -

The P85s deliver about 160WPC continuously into 4 ohms IIRC - a bit more on programme material.

Don't get too hung up on the last few watts of power - there is only about 1 dB difference in sound pressure level when going from 160 to 200 W and both will be xxxxing loud!!

John Dawson (Arcam)

thanks for the info again john.its another option to concider.

listen me wanting 200 watts i dont play music/movies really loud anyway:rolleyes:

cheers carl

John (Arcam)

I have added an A85 to my setup for better stereo, using an AV receiver to drive the other 3 channels. I want to move to 7.1 and intend to add either the Rotel 1075 or P85/3 + P85 or P75.

I have shortlisted the Rotel 1066 or Pioneer 2011/Denon 3803 to take over processor duties. Ideally I would like all Arcam but the AV8/P7 is out of reach at present.

I believe that my DV88P with a DVD-A upgrade could output into the A85 with it's twin multichannel upgrade both DTS and DD 5.1. I reckon this would give excellent sound quality, but neither of the upgrades is availble yet and it's not able to do the extra rears?
For 7.1, I suppose I could add a 2011 to the 2nd input, connect the DV88P by coax and just use its Pioneer amps to drive the rears?

Finally my questions, which I realise you may not be able to answer for obvious commercial reasons :-

Have you considered releasing in the near future a Diva 7.1 processor (maybe without video switching, triggers etc) or adding say an AVR300 above the AVR200 which has all the latest formats and is more competitive with the 3803/2011 in features?

Rough idea of when the DVD and Amp upgrades will be available and at what cost - dealer or factory fit?

Thanks for your time.

Gus

Hi Gus,

As you have surmised I cannot discuss future product plans here.

As to the DVD-A upgrade for our DVD players, this is complete in terms of hardware but is awaiting some aspects of the software to be finished. The DV89 player will support DD5.1 and DTS5.1 decoding and includes level, delay and bass management.

The multichannel input board for the A85 / A32 is up and running in Development and is, not surprisingly, designed to partner the DV89 so you can run MC sound from DVD through the combination and keep top quality stereo too. It will support up to 7.1 inputs BTW.

IMO both of these are likely to be available in 3 - 4 months - they are definitely not vapourware! Plan on a factory upgrade for existing products - if some things turn out to be fittable by competent dealers we will let you know. Final costs are not released yet but will be in keeping with the overall cost of the DVD players and amplifiers and not too onerous.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

seems lots of members have tried 1075 or added to use for power with there av amp, i can see the (logic of this) 5 chan power plus processor at later date,but has anyone demoed or tried just the 1070 2 chan with 3801/3802 and found a defernite improvement in sterio views please

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom